Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 8, Greens& Blacks] The bastard and the bride [Open?]

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Day 8, Greens&
Blacks] The bastard and the bride [Open?] - Page 2 Empty Re: [Day 8, Greens& Blacks] The bastard and the bride [Open?]

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:00 am

(OOC: Ben's yield terms were only what was offered. He did not require the +1d. Empathy was successful. Was it a read target or do you wish to now why he is being difficult?)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&
Blacks] The bastard and the bride [Open?] - Page 2 Empty Re: [Day 8, Greens& Blacks] The bastard and the bride [Open?]

Post by Loreia Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:10 am

*Yield accepted, Empathy check is not a Read Target action.*
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:17 am

"
Thank you for keeping your heads cool,"
replies the Septon. "
I feel like some lavender tea is in order. Let me get some brewing."
Septon Arlyn begins to busy himself, getting tea pot on the stove in the back room then he started gathering the herbs to infuse into the tea, as well as tea cups.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:43 am

Loreia can tell Ben genuinely regrets his actions and does not want to cause waves for any of the three Houses involved. He knows of all three it may be Coldbrook that gets it the worst being a young house of outsiders. He likes Daveth and would not want to farther hurt that relationship. He knows if he excepts your challenge he will have to then publicly challenge Garret and the debacle will grow.

"
I may have a good deal at stake with any damage I cause reflecting on two houses, but my real reason is I do not wish to see House Coldbrook hit by this. I have talked at length with Daveth and understand the tenuous position they are in."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Loreia Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:12 am

She finally relents, although greatly dissatisfied, and puts her sword away, sparing the septon no more than a side glance. "
Then talk it out with him straight away tomorrow, soon-to-be-lord, as you should've proper. Try not to attack either of my wards further - you don't want to refuse me again."

"
I'm needed out there. Ladies. Septon."
She nods to both Corrine and Ellie, and then Arlyn, before departing.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:06 am

Ben bit his tongue as the woman overtly threatened and patronized him. I am not sure which of you is the greater threat to house Coldbrook.

When she has left he picks up his sword and turns to Ellie and Corrine. "
I am sorry for that, you two. Ellie please watch over Corrine. I... need a moment."
His frustration evident.

He moves to exit the Sept.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:05 am

Septon Arlyn sees Ser Benedict move to the door in what appears to be frustration, sword clutched in his hand.

"
Ser Benedict!"
Calls Arlyn."
If your leaving will you deliver the letter to Corrines mother?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:00 am

Treat injury for Corrine

[url=Treat injury][/url]: 5d6k4 16

OOC Easy hand wave endurance roll substitution.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:03 am

Corrine opens her mouth to speak to Ben, but he walks away too quickly, and she just sinks back down onto her side.

Last edited by 151 on Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:10 am

Septon Arlyn sees Lady Corrines look of sadness at her Fiancé leaving and goes over to comfort her. "
My Lady, sometimes men can be hot headed. It looks like Benedict has quite a lot on his mind, and instead of staying and passing his dour mood onto you, he is leaving to help clear his head."
At least that is my hope, Thinks Septon Arlyn

(OOC [url=Mollify Lady Corrine after Ben left like a jerk][/url]: 5d6 17

TN 12

17-12 = 5 2 DOS

7 feel good composure points for Lady Corrine)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:35 am

Septon Arlyn wrote:Septon Arlyn sees Lady Corrines look of sadness at her Fiancé leaving and goes over to comfort her. "
My Lady, sometimes men can be hot headed. It looks like Benedict has quite a lot on his mind, and instead of staying and passing his dour mood onto you, he is leaving to help clear his head."
At least that is my hope, Thinks Septon Arlyn

(OOC [url=Mollify Lady Corrine after Ben left like a jerk][/url]: 5d6 17

TN 12

17-12 = 5 2 DOS

7 feel good composure points for Lady Corrine)

"
I've never seen him like that,"
Corrine says, sadly. "
I didn't know he'd attacked Garrett. If only I'd been there... I might have been able to stop him. I don't want any violence on my account."

She stays still to allow the bandaging to continue, though her face shows she is fighting tears.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:57 am

"
Aye my Lady, maybe you could have helped defuse the situation. But you where not there and the situation happened."
Septon Aryln moved his hands steadily around the wound with the clean roll of white linen bandages. "
But you were not. Now your betrothed had hit an ?acknowledged? bastard of another family and stormed off in a fit,"
He smiles reassuringly at Lady Corrine. "
But you have to remember that he is his own person. He has experiences of his own that he must learn to deal with. Let me tell you a story about Walton Dulver."
He pauses only slightly to reach over and grab some shears, and then cuts the bandage with enough to tie it off. "
When Walton was a young man he had a fierce temper on him."
She sees Septon Arlyns eyes go slightly distant with the memory. "
He used to tell his father that the only thing he had in common with him was his name. One day, during one of his bouts of anger. He tired to hit his Lord Father, claiming that a true Lord would know how to fight to defend his people. Well Lord Dulver quickly stepped out of the way of his wild teenage haymaker and stuck his leg out, sending the boy sprawling into the hallway corridors floor. The Lord Dulver turned around and walked away, Similarly to what Ben just did."

"
After I went over and helped the boy up he looked very sheepish. When he asked me why his Lord Father did not beat him up I taught him one of my favorite lessons from the seven pointed star, it teaches about empathy and self restraint. Now I know many Lords and many more fathers whom would have had either their son or their sons Whipping boy flogged for such a maneuver, but Lord Dulver showed mercy, which let me teach an even more valuable lesson to that young hot head about mercy and forgiveness. This allowed him to cool his temper and shaped him into the fine young man that he is today."

"
You see my Lady your Ben could be like that hot headed young boy. All that he might need is a few lessons and some gentle guidance from a strong teacher, such as yourself my Lady Corrine"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:25 am

"
I don't think he is quite himself right now, Septon. He may not be as steeped in the wisdom of the Seven as we, but he is, at heart, a gentle soul. Seeing me hurt has distressed him. He is protective of me, you see. His assault on Garrett, I believe, was because Garrett had been lascivious toward me."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:49 am

"
Ah,"
Says the Septon. "
So was acting out of defense for your honor."
The Septon gives a good hearted but sarcastic chuckle. "
Men have always been overprotective of what they see as theirs. But I have seen men act in many foolish ways when they felt that their women being threatened."
Septon Arlyns contences darkened slightly, "
If only more people would follow the teachings of the seven that venerates the maid, mother, and crone, then they would not have to feel so overly protective of their womenfolk."
Brightening again. "
But that mans actions shows that he loves you deeply. I imagine that he would travel to the pits of the seven hells for you,"
He looks at her tear streaked face. "
I imagine you would do the same for him. I feel that what you share is something special. It is rare that noblemen and women get to marry for love. You should cherish that I believe. My mother was arrainged to marry my father, A landed knight far from here. Their marriage was arranged by a wealthy merchant from the lands that my father ruled because of the economic consequences. They respected each other and they loved me and my brothers, but there is nothing like the fire and passion that I see you two share."

"
I agree with you, Ben is a good man. But even good men can have dark secrets. Work with him, teach him a compassionate and gentler way. He knows well the way of the blades. We saw him in action this afternoon in the melee. However if you can teach him to take a moment and talk. Teach him how to peacefully resolve his issues with other men, then I see you two as a nigh unstoppable force of change for good in our society."
He gives Lady Corrine a warm smile, Lady Corrine would almost swear it was grandfatherly except for their ages where not so very different (OOC I am assuming your a young adult/ adult here)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:26 am

[ooc: Corrine is 18.]

"
He is normally very level-headed. This has just been a very fraught time. Tensions are high. Sadly, calling for peace was not enough,"
she sighs sadly. "
Even I have caused anger this night. Unintentionally, but still..."

She wipes tears from her cheeks.

"
What a horrible night this has been."

She looks to the Septon with curiosity;

"
Did you have nightmares as well?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:55 am

"
Yes I did."
replies the Septon, lady Corrine can see the fear in his eyes just thinking about it. "
I saw the members of my house die and I felt like I was simply a puppet on strings until something made it stop. I think it was a dragon."
He gives a shudder. "
They are terrifying beasts are they not? I have only seen one from a great distance, flying in the sky. It was majestic and terrifying. How about you, did you have any strange dreams?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:07 pm

Corrine listens quietly, and it takes her a moment to answer his question through the fog of drowsiness in her mind.

"
I had a nightmare. It preted on every anxiety I have. All my fears about myself and those around me. It disturbs me still. Tonight's events have mostly added to the fear too. I dreamt that I was hated, and then, on the way here, zi incurred the ire of Prince Aemond. It was an accident, I wasn't thinking clearly, but it pains me to have angered another person, especially someone so important."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:17 pm

"
Well if it makes any difference you have not angered me!"
Counters the Septon. "
Nightmares I find to be interesting, they mostly prey off your innermost fears, like for me my fear is losing control, so the idea of being a puppet in another mans game is terrifying, so is death. I can understand that you have a fear of anxiety but even though I have only had a few brief conversations with you but I think you are a fine women of great breeding and station. I imagine you have learned many things since you began this tourney, not to mention that your getting married."
The Septon gives a big goofy grin, exposing one of his missing teeth. "
It must be terribly exciting for you. I know that the weddings that I have officiated have all been very joyous occasions."

(OOC I'm 29 so not the grandfatherly thing still feels a little weird to you)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:55 pm

Corrine suspects the Septon is trying to distract her from her sorrow, but humours him;

"
While I am glad I have not angered you, Septon, you have rather less influence than a Targaryen Prince. Thank you for you kindness though. I am looking forward to being married. Hopefully this recent rancor can be settled quickly. I don't want any punch-ups at my wedding,"
she adds, with a slightly joking tone.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:02 pm

"
Well I can promise you that any delegation from house Dulver is going to be on their best behavior. Or else they will answer to me!"
The Septon puffs himself up comically as he responded. The sight is quite silly and not threatening in the slightest. As he marches around exaggerating his movements he continues speaking. "
So I have not heard yet where it is going to be located. Are you having it on Marsten lands or are you going to find somewhere slightly more centrally located?"

OOC yes I am trying to distract you. you have had a pretty rough evening so I'm hoping that with a little humor I can lift your spirits. Also asking you questions you have probably answered 100 times gives you an easy time where you to not have to think about much.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:08 pm

Corrine's sorrowful look is gradually brightened by a little smile;

"
We hope to be married here, at Riverrun. We await Lady Arryn's pleasure. A raven was sent a few days ago. It is already the longest wait I can recall,"
she chuckles softly. "
We are eager to begin our life together. You are right that we are fortunate to be able to marry one we love."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:17 pm

"
I can imagine. Most newlyweds I have seen are very anxious for the excitement of what comes after the ceremony though..."
The Septon pauses, realizing who he was talking to. "
I'm sorry my lady!"
he says as color begins to make his already rudy face an even brighter red. "
What I ment to say... you see the thing is... I didn't mean to imply"
Fumbling for words the Septon finally blurts out, "
I'm sorry, I have a very close relationship with the smallfolk whom I care for, I forgot my place here M'lady."
He drawls. "
I mean My Lady. So how about the dress?"
He asks quickly trying to steer the sputtering ship.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:17 pm

"
I can imagine. Most newlyweds I have seen are very anxious for the excitement of what comes after the ceremony though..."
The Septon pauses, realizing who he was talking to. "
I'm sorry my lady!"
he says as color begins to make his already rudy face an even brighter red. "
What I meant to say... you see the thing is... I didn't mean to imply"
Fumbling for words the Septon finally blurts out, "
I'm sorry, I have a very close relationship with the smallfolk whom I care for, I forgot my place here M'lady."
He drawls. "
I mean My Lady. So how about the dress?"
He asks quickly trying to steer the sputtering ship.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:41 pm

Corrine smiles good-naturedly at the Septon.

How little he knows.

"
It's alright, Septon. I may be young, but I am not so naïve as all that."

She pats his hand gently, then curls her arm back around her waist.

"
As for a dress, I have not even thought about it yet. What do you think would be best?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:21 pm

Many times Ellie opens her mouth to interject, but thinks better of it. She shakes her head at their description of the attack. It was one punch and the indignant way he laughed at Ben. I would have hit him too.

Each unflattering comment, even the concerned thought she could tell the septon had about what Ben might be going to do, they all forced her to scowl inwardly. You don't know him.

She wipes he running nose with her sleeve and then dries her eyes. Snatching a quick adoring glance at Corrine before she returns her gaze to the stone floor. Perhaps I was selfish to push them together. Ben may not be able to handle this.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next