Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 8, Greens& Blacks] The bastard and the bride [Open?]

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[Day 8, Greens&
Blacks] The bastard and the bride [Open?] - Page 3 Empty Re: [Day 8, Greens& Blacks] The bastard and the bride [Open?]

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:53 pm

Suddenly a loud whistling sound filled the room. "
oh goodness!"
declares Septon Arlyn. "
The tea pot."
He hurriedly rushes into the back room to grab the boiling pot.

OOC This will give Ellie a chance to get into the conversation
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&
Blacks] The bastard and the bride [Open?] - Page 3 Empty Re: [Day 8, Greens& Blacks] The bastard and the bride [Open?]

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:20 pm

Corrine notices Ellie's pensiveness, and reaches for her little hand.

"
I'm sorry you've been dragged into this, sweetling."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:23 pm

Ellie lets Corrine take her hand, but keeps her eyes on the floor.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:33 pm

"
Ellie? What's wrong?"
Corrine asks, with a worried look.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:51 pm

She holds out for a brief moment longer. Then without looking up she breaks loose, both in words and tears. "
I followed Ben and I wasn't supposed to. I saw him. Daveth's brother was laughing at Ben when Ben came up to him. Laughing like an arse. Ben hit him just once and just told him he had act different and then moved on. Then ... a man... tried to kill Ben... and I ...stabbed him with the dagger Ben gave me when he told me to stay in his tent. Ben scooped me up and we left the camp before anything else happened. I ... then we found you on the ground. And the girl and the men and the prince. Now Loreia."

She takes a deep breath and continues her rapid release. "
This is all my fault. Ben liked you, but didn't think he was worthy of you and I pushed him. He so strong, but I don't think he can deal with all this pressure. If he can't I have hurt is all."

Her small body violently shakes with the racking sobs.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:05 pm

Benedict Blackthorne wrote:She holds out for a brief moment longer. Then without looking up she breaks loose, both in words and tears. "
I followed Ben and I wasn't supposed to. I saw him. Daveth's brother was laughing at Ben when Ben came up to him. Laughing like an arse. Ben hit him just once and just told him he had act different and then moved on. Then ... a man... tried to kill Ben... and I ...stabbed him with the dagger Ben gave me when he told me to stay in his tent. Ben scooped me up and we left the camp before anything else happened. I ... then we found you on the ground. And the girl and the men and the prince. Now Loreia."

She takes a deep breath and continues her rapid release. "
This is all my fault. Ben liked you, but didn't think he was worthy of you and I pushed him. He so strong, but I don't think he can deal with all this pressure. If he can't I have hurt is all."

Her small body violently shakes with the racking sobs.

Against the Septon's advice, Corrine sits up again, gathering Ellie into her arms.

"
Oh Ellie, you poor soul! That must have been terrifying. No wonder you are so upset. You did good to defend your brother though. Don't blame yourself for protecting him."

Despite her exhaustion and pain, she focuses on Ellie, trying to comfort her.

"
None of this is your fault, sweetling. This has been a very rough night, but everything will be alright, I promise. Ben will calm down, and the misunderstanding with Loreia will get sorted out. You did a very good thing in helping Ben &
I be together, Ellie. We are both very grateful. And your future nephews and nieces will be glad of it too,"
she adds, attempting to soothe Ellie.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:19 am

She just shakes her head, still trembling. "
You should... lay back down... my Lady. I did not mean... to add to any more problems. May I get you... anything."
Her words are interspersed with sniffling and sharp breaths.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:32 am

Septon Arlyn heard the sniffles from Ellie so he comes out with three cups of lavender tea. The cups are on a simple wooden tray and are made out of hardened clay, nothing as lavish or fancy as what they had been dining off of in Lord Tullys feasts, but serviceable and clean. As Septon Arlyn approached the two conversing girls he carefully set the tray down and offered the cups of soothing warm liquid to them. "
Here my dears, try some of this."
he offers with kindness. "
I find that the warmth of the water and the lavender helps me relax, which at times is a very helpful thing when I have troubled sleep. Seeings how its past midnight now, I'm sure that we all will be feeling a bit groggy on the marrow."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:41 am

Ellie accepts the cup. Trying with all her might to not spill the hot tea as it sloshed in her cup. "
Thank you."

Taking a small sip. She sighs heavily. "
I do feel... the weariness."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:04 pm

"
Thank you, Septon,"
Corrine replies weakly, releasing Ellie and accepting a cup with both hands. "
You have been so kind to us. Gods bless you."

She blows gently on the hot tea until it is cooled enough to sip, inhaling the sweet vapours of the calming lavender.

"
Even a little sleep is better than none at all. May we stay here until Ben returns, Septon? I would not want Ellie and I to be unprotected."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:24 pm

"
Oh of course you may my dears, let me get you some blankets from storage. I promise there are no fleas or moths, however they are probably not as comfortable as your used to."
The Septon rises to get the blankets
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:08 am

Septon Arlyn wrote:"
Oh of course you may my dears, let me get you some blankets from storage. I promise there are no fleas or moths, however they are probably not as comfortable as your used to."
The Septon rises to get the blankets

"
That is quite alright, Septon,"
Corrine replies kindly. "
We Vale folk are hardier than we look. Thank you very much for your assistance."

She buds Ellie to lie down on the pew beside her, offering to put a blanket over her before taking her own.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:07 am

(OOC: This occurs near the end of the timeslot.)

Ben quietly enters the sept. There are still a great many people held up inside the safety of the building. Many sleep were the find space. Some still stand vigil praying to one facet or another.

Ben slips up before the Crone lighting a candle with a borrowed one. Kneeling he whispers a small prayer. Rising he makes his way to two sleeping figures. He stops first at the smaller. He pulls the blanket up over her, tucking it in. Moving to the other he lets out a small sigh as he kneels. A reactive smile splits his lips as the figure lets out a soft murmur. His hand reaches out and brushes a stray hair from her eyes.

No more mistakes. I have too much to lose.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:25 am

Corrine stirs lightly at his touch, her own hand reaching up to touch his as her eyes slowly open, heavy from slumber;

"
Ben. You're back. Are you alright?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:29 am

OOC. Septon Arlyn
Arlyn retires before Ben arrives as the gards finally show up and take over watch, if you want to speak with him you will need to wake him up
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:59 pm

"
I am fine, love."
He leans down to kiss her softly on the forehead.

"
I am sorry for all that has transpired. For foolishly striking Garret. For not being there to protect you."
His hand shadows over her bandaged side. "
For my actions with Loreia and most of all for leaving you in such a vulnerable state."
His shoulders sag and his eyes squeeze tightly shut.

"
Please forgive me, Corrine."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:57 pm

"
I'm just glad you're safe, love,"
Corrine replies softly. "
We'll sort things out tomorrow. Is there still fighting out there?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:30 pm

"
The chaos has slowed but there is still disorder. We may be best to stay here the night."
He glances to Ellie.

"
You should get some more rest. Tomorrow will be along day."
He adjusts her blanket. Then eases onto his rear on the floor.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:33 pm

"
Yes, probably best to stay here. The Septon sent a messenger to let mother know I was safe. Just stay with me until morning, please. Ellie &
I were worried about you."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:58 am

He looks up at her with an apologetic look. His hand strokes her arm lovingly. "
I will not leave you again."

He lays his head against her chest from his seat on the floor, stretching his legs out. The snores and many sleeping noises can be heard from the others huddled in the sept for safety.

He laughs quietly. "
Probably not the sleeping accommodations my lady is used to. At least we get to spend the night together, finally."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:00 am

"
What is left of it, yes,"
she replies with a soft smile, stroking his hair. "
I could come down there and lie next to you, if you want. We could share this blanket."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:53 pm

"
As much I would enjoy that, it may not be ... prudent. There are many eyes and this is a Sept."
He can not help but chuckle.

"
I will be pleased to be this close."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:34 pm

"
Alright, love. We have much to do tomorrow, so let's try to rest."

She cranes her neck to kiss his forehead, then once again lies flat on her uninjured side and closes her eyes.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:14 am

He smiles up at her, his eyes fluttering shut from exhaustion. "
Goodnight, love."

[Scene?]
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:47 am

[/scene for me]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, Greens&

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3