Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lane 4 Challengers

+4
Loreia
Reader
Baelon Drakeson
Septon Arlyn
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lane 4 Challengers - Page 2 Empty Re: Lane 4 Challengers

Post by Tymon Lannister Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:37 am

Ser Tymon wheeled at the end of the list and called for another lance. He saluted Lord Bartheld for a fine first pass and readied himself for the next round. He took a deep breath and let it out, settling himself before shutting his visor and beginning his next pass. He thundered down the list.

Ser Tymon Lannister
Passive AH: 16 (14+2 Defensive)
Health: 9/9
AR: 10
I (Injuries)/W (Wounds)/F (Fatigue): 0/0/0
Stance: Posted in personal forums - Defensive +2

[url=Joust with Lord Davain Bartheld - Pass 2][/url]: 11d6k5-2 20

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:04 am

Davain took of down the lane. He knew that if he would stand a chance beating Tymon, it would need to be this pass. Summoning all his strength, Davain rode high a plunged his lance forward with a cry of "
BAAAAARTHEEEEELD!"

[url=Pass 2 High in the saddle][/url]: 7d6k3-1 14 going to spend 1 point of fatigue to negate injuries bringing total to 17. Than Im going to spend a destiny point to convert a bonus dice bringing total to 21. As of right now its 2 DoS, TN 12, 20 damage

[url=To remain mounted][/url]: 4d6k3-5 3
Total damage is 14 so Davain will take a wound.

As Davain's vision cleared he saw nothing, but the pale blue sky. Sitting up he notice a long shard of lance protuding from his left shoulder and bells wrong inside his head. All he could do was look towards the end of the list to see if his effort had been enough.
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:31 am

Ser Tymon hurtled like a comet towards the Lord Bartheld as the lord cried out "
BAAAAARTHEEEEELD!"
. Ser Tymon said the words "
Hear...us...Roar"
as he struck true and the Lord Bartheld was knocked from his horse cleanly. The Lord had struck well, but Ser Tymon had managed to control his courser and hold his seat.

He now saw to the safety and health of Lord Bartheld. Tymon said in his command voice to make sure the Septon could hear him "
Septon Arlyn, please see to Lord Bartheld"
. He saluted the lord and hoped he would be fine. He had recently been unhorsed and hoped Lore Bartheld would come through it similarly unscathed.

(Ser Tymon uses a DP to negate Lord Barthelds DP - brings his total to 17 - 1 DOS)

[url=Joust with Lord Davain Bartheld - Pass 2 - Stay in Saddle][/url]: 5d6k3 14

Ser Tymon does 2 DoS to Lord Davain Bartheld - 6 Damage after Armor modifications.

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:39 am

Septon Arlyn hears the two cries of the jousting men, the screech of armor colliding in itself and a dull thud, signifying that another contender has hit the ground. I wonder who the hapless knight is this time, the Septon thinks, then turns back to a knight with three strawberries on his shield, claiming to have jousted against Lord Marsten himself. "
Kind Ser, if you don't shut up about how you almost defeated Lord Marsten I will sow your lips shut myself."
States Septon Arlyn is an exaggerated sigh. Looking over his injuries the Septon days, "
it looks like you will be fine. Avoid drink for a day or two and come back if you start getting a headache. Try not to sleep for a few hours."
Suddenly Septon Arlyn hears a call for his name. "
That sounds almost like Tymon."
The Septon says, mostly to himself. "
If you will excuse me Ser, "
says Septon Arlyn and he leaves the small partition, and sees Lord bartheld come in on a stretcher, peace of lance impaled through his armor.

good god's, don't they know how to make armor in bartheld lands? Perhaps they should hire a professional armor Smith, as there castle blacksmith doesn't seem to know a flute from a convex line.

Septon Arlyn looks around for Maester forthwind, not seeing him in the immediate vicinity he asks the Lord, "
may I see to your wound there. It appears to be quite a... Pointed statement, and it would be best to remove that from your flesh before it gets too comfortable there."
He gives the Lord a reassuring smile then turns to one of the squires who had been tasked with helping him.

"
Boy,"
he says snapping his chubby fingers, "
make sure you get me some fire wine and milk of the poppy, as well as some forceps and tweezers. "

Septon Arlyn turns to the Lord apologetically and states, "
my Lord, I do suggest you take some milk of the poppy, fire wine has earned it's name for a reason, and after I remove the shaft I will need to make sure that there is no debris left behind, for a stray splinter can feaster underneath the scab, causing damage and possible amputation if not death. So if you don't mind,"
states the Septon as the squire returns, "
I would like to get started as soon as possible"
completed the Septon, holding out a bowl of milky white substance.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:50 pm

[OCC: A splinter at a joint isn't a sign of bad armorsmithing. The worry comes when its pierces solid plate or at the neck since Plate was design to protect those areas.]

"
No!"
Davain grunted through his teeth, pushing the bowl of the white substance away as his squire helped the lord up and onto his feet. Giving a salute to his competitor, Davain turned to face the good septon, an apologetic look upon his face. "
I'm sorry. I appreciate the help, but I'm not putting that poison into my body. Some wine and something to clench down on will do just fine. This isn't my first wound and I'm sure it won't be my last. The pain will only make me stronger. Maester Fourthwind should be around here somewhere if you can find him, both of you can work on getting this splinter out of shoulder back at my tent after I am done speaking with the champion."

Davain gave a reassuring nod to Ayleth to let her know he is ok as he made his way over to Lane 4's Champion. "
You rode well Ser Tymon. You truly are a knight of some skill and there is no dishonor in losing to such a man. I hope fortune continues in you favor for the remainder of the Tourney. Feel free to stop by my tent when you get a chance to collect your ransom or my armor and horse if you so desire, but."
Davain pauses as his eyes expect Tymon's armor. "
But, I can offer you the service of my houses armorsmith as a ransom if you so desire. Think about it and visit me at my tent so that we can discuss this more."

And with that Davain made his way off the field towards the campsites where the Septon and Maester awaited to treat his wounds.

[OOC: I'll have a thread up later tonight. Arlyn let me know if you want Fourthwind to make the roll or the assist.]
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:44 pm

"
Of course my Lord, "
states Septon Arlyn. And he helps move Lord bartheld into the Maester's tent.

/scene in this thread
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:43 am

As Ser Tymon dismounted his horse, Lady Helen came to his side with concern in her eyes. “My lady, I think he will be fine with few ill effects, but much like my last bout, he will be stiff and sore and have a few fresh scars.” “I think we should visit him early this evening after he has had some time for his maester to do his work and allow him to rest a bit. He rode well. We have had chance to talk briefly here at the wedding and we have gotten along quite well.”

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:58 am

Ser Tymon took some water and wiped the sweat from his face and taking a few minutes to cool off before his name was once again announced. "
Wish me luck my love,"
he said to Helen as he put his foot into the stirrup and swung his leg over the back of his courser, Storm. He smiled at her as he made his way to his place in the list. He put his gloves back on and placed his helmet back over his head, closing the visor. The next knight he would face was announced as Warrick Wheaton, a hedge knight, who was unknown to him. He cleared his mind and began his pass, and then he heard nothing but the thundering of hooves as he raced towards his opponent down the list.

Ser Tymon Lannister
Passive Ride: 16 (14 +2 Defensive Stance)
Stance: Defensive (+2)

[url=Joust with Ser Warrick Wheaton, Pass 1][/url]: 11d6k5-2 26

[url=Joust with Ser Warrick Wheaton, Pass 1 - Stay in Saddle][/url]: 5d6k3 10

(Corrected to use DP to reduce the strike of Ser Warrick rather than to stay in the saddle)

Last edited by 201 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:39 am; edited 2 times in total

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:26 am

Ser Warrick was unusually well equipped for a hedge knight, and even more unusually unafraid to risk his equipment's ransom in a tourney. Perhaps the hedge knight had earned a significant fortune in loyal service or by looting, or perhaps he had some grand benefactor? The brown haired, bearded knighted slammed shut his visor and spurred his steed to meet the fourth lane's champion. His arms show a fallen star on a field of green.

In common with many knights, Ser Warrick cannot resist the placement of Ser Tymon's lance, but his own blow is almost as well placed.

Ser Warrick Wheaton
Passive Ride: 13
Health: 1/12
IWF: 3/0/0
Stance: High in the Saddle +2
[url=High in the saddle +2][/url]: 9d6k4+2 22 - 2 DoS = 18 Damage [Ser Tymon's Plate saves him from an injury!], forces AH (Ride) TN 12 check to stay mounted
Suffers 24 damage - 10 AR = 14, takes 1 injury
[url=Stay in the saddle][/url]: 5d6k3-3 10 - fails, takes 9 damage reduced by two more injuries
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:22 am

Ser Tymon Lannister
Passive Ride: 14
Stance: Braced (+2)

For the Nameless and Hedge Knights starting as Braced +2

[url=Joust vs Nameless Knights - Braced][/url]: 11#11d6k5-2 22 19 23 28 21 24 24 18 18 24 18

Ride Check vs. 8 Nameless Knights with 1 DoS
[url=Ride Check vs. Nameless Knights][/url]: 8#5d6k3+2 19 17 16 17 18 20 14 13

Hedge Knights
[url=Joust vs. Hedge Knights - Braced][/url]: 2#11d6k5-2 23 17

Pass 2 vs. Hedge Knight 2
[url=Joust vs. Hedge Knight Pass 2][/url]: 11d6k5-2 19
[url=Ride Check vs. Hedge Knight Pass 2][/url]: 5d6k3+2 15

Last edited by 201 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:12 am; edited 4 times in total

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:46 am

11 Regular Knights
[url=Regular Knights R1 aggressively][/url]: 11#7d6k3+2 15 12 18 12 17 14 18 18 13 16 18 (should mean high in the saddle, not aggressively..sorry totally copied Kevan typo and all!) vs PR14
Attack Summary Regular Knights, All fail Ride Check as minimum TN 12 needed for even the rounds of 2 DoS by Ser Tymon
1-1DoS, Fail Ride Check
2- Attack Fail,Fail Ride Check
3-1 DoS,Fail Ride Check
4-Attack Fail,Fail Ride Check
5-1 DoS,Fail Ride Check
6-1 DoS,Fail Ride Check
7-1 DoS,Fail Ride Check
8-1 DoS,Fail Ride Check
9-Attack Fail,Fail Ride Check
10-1 DoS,Fail Ride Check
11-1 DoS,Fail Ride Check

[url=Ride checks (HitS)][/url]: 11#3d6k2-2 9 8 9 7 2 7 5 10 8 10 8

2 Hedge Knights-
[url=2 Hedge Knights -Braced][/url]: 2#7d6k3+2 13 12 vs PR 14 (again should be HITS)
1- Attack Fail, Fail Ride Check TN 15
2- Attack Fail, Makes Ride Check RD 12
[url=Hedge knight ride check][/url]: 2#3d6 7 14-2 = 5, 12

Hedge Knight 2 Rd 2
[url=Hedge knight 2 RD 2 Attack- HITS][/url]: 7d6k3+2 14
2-1 DoS, Fail Ride Check TN 12
[url=Hedge knight 2 RD 2 Ride Check- HITS][/url]: 3d6-2 9
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:54 am

[ooc: rejig here and some generous narrating. All: remember you can only spend one DP per roll.

Ser Tymon's destiny point is not enough to stay in the saddle, only takes him to 11. I'll let this be spent on his foe's charge roll instead, although normally the timing would be too late for this.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2