Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lane 5 challengers

+2
Theomore Tullison
Yoren longshore
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lane 5 challengers Empty Lane 5 challengers

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:46 pm

As the five initial champions line up Yoren places himself at the far right, a few steps away from Lord Forrest. His face is hidden from the moment he walks out of his tent and he exchanges few pleasantries with the other contestants. He sits still waiting for his opponent.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Lane 5 challengers Empty Re: Lane 5 challengers

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:32 pm

Lane 5 challengers File.php?avatar=115_1426552075.jpg

Lord Dunstan Tullison comes riding upon a fine Destrier and clad in a Full Plate polished to perfection (indeed, a certain platinum haired squire could be heard muttering about the imaginary specks of dust that forced him to do it all over again), a freshly painted shield of the Tullison mountain. Clad in a vibrant blue tabard of fine make, complete with his silk cloak of Targaryen red, the very same gifted to him by Prince Daemon Targaryen upon his wedding day. Upon his arm he carries the charm of his wife. Cheerfully, he touches Yoren's shield with his lance to issue his challenge, treating the Longshore heir as a good friend, or someone that soon will be. Declaring that he has a good feeling and that all his proceeds, including the victory purse shall be donated to the orphans of battle valley. And all who fall to his lance shall of course be treated to a night of free drinks with him at the earliest opportunity.

Passive AH: 12
Health: 9
AR: 10
[url=Normal jousting][/url]: 7d6k3 15, 9 damage per DoS.
[url=stay in saddle][/url]: 3d6 12
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:33 pm

Yoren's abilities in the saddle is limited, but he manages a wave before he trots to face Dunstan.
AR: 8
[url=jousting][/url]: 7d6k2 10- miss
[url=stay in saddle vs dunstan][/url]: 3d6 8
After crashing his lance harmlessly against Dunstans saddle, he himself is struck and he falls of his steed. Dunstan carries the day! Afterwards Yoren makes sure to walk over to Dunstan to shake his hand and deliver his armor and horse. Smiling as he does so.

(Dunstan gains a Brigandine and a Courser.)

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:29 pm

Dunstan is clearly overjoyed with his victory and, even better, his opponent seems to be in an equally good mood. Spurred on by his quick and decisive fortune, he decides to throw caution about his balance (as his uncle had advised) to the winds to stand in his stirrups (as his uncle always did) against the next challenger.

OOC: Activate Anointed
Passive AH: 17
[url=High in Saddle +2][/url]: 7d6k3+2 15
[url=stay in saddle][/url]: 3d6-2 9
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:44 am

Ser Tymon
Passive Ride: 16 (14 +2 Defensive Stance)
Health 9/9
AR 10 (bought plate armor at the beginning of the off-season)
I (Injuries)/W (Wounds)/F (Fatigue): 0/0/0
Stance: Defensive (+2)
(OOC- With Readers approval, at the start of the off-season I added the anointed benefit, and changed expertise long swords to expertise spears)

[url=Joust with Ser Dunstan - Pass 1][/url]: 11d6k5 22 -2 Defensive = 20 - 1 DoS - no damage with your armor - you made the ride check.

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:31 am

A Challenge! It is clear, even to Dunstan, who the better jouster is. But who cares when the warrior is on your side?

[url=High in Saddle +2][/url]: 7d6k3+2 16
[url=stay in saddle][/url]: 3d6-2 4
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:46 pm

Ser Tymon
Passive Ride: 16 (14 +2 Defensive Stance)
Health 9/9
AR 10

[url=Joust with Ser Dunstan - Pass 2][/url]: 11d6k5-2 24
- 3 DoS - 14 damage (24 raw-10 AR) - forces 15 AH check.

[url=Joust with Ser Dunstan - Pass 2 - Stay in Saddle][/url]: 5d6k3 12

(OOC - headed to work - if I tallied anything incorrectly please let me know and I will correct it)

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:11 pm

Brave Lord Dunstan at least manages to force Ser Tymon to budge in the saddle this time, though that helps him little when he flies out of his own like a ragdoll. That does not seem to faze him at all, however. Even if it hurts, he waves away his squire that ran onto the field to check on him, and with some difficulty he stands up under his own power. Leaving a platinum-haired boy to roll his eyes while holding back a quip before marching off to fetch his master's horse.

[Assuming ransom outcome]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:51 am

Ser Tymon rides over to Lord Dunstan as he is making his way to his feet and dismounts from Storm, his courser. Tymon salutes and holds out his hand in friendship, saying "
Lord Dunstan, it is an honor to meet you in the lists, well fought."

Ser Tymon will ransom back Lord Dunstan's horse and armor back to him.

After speaking with Lord Dunstan, he takes off his helm and finds Lady Helen Dulver in the crowd. He walks to where she sits with her handmaiden in the stands. He smiles at her and says "
Milady, once again, having my betrothed watch the joust brings me luck. I must say, you look quite beautiful today. You are a vision no matter how you wear your hair, but your current style, it quite suits you"

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:09 am

Ser Tymon swung onto his Courser, Storm and patted her neck, calming her as the courser stamped the ground and whinnied, feeling the excitement in the crowd. He fed Storm half of an apple before he adjusted his armor, fastened his helm, and asked for his tourney lance for his next match. He found Helen in the crowd and smiled at the sight of her as she came down from the stands. As he watched her walk towards him, he thought to himself, as he often did "
I am quite lucky that my Lord Father and Lady Mother made such a match for me"
. Lady Helen reached out and calmed Storm. Lady Helen and Ser Tymon both laughed as they said, “Hear us Roar” as he dipped his lance and she tied a ribbon around the lance. Ser Tymon then saluted the gathered lords and ladies in the stands, closed the visor on his helm, and moved towards his starting position to face Ser Wyll Bracken. He saluted Ser Wyll and looked down the list, mentally preparing himself as Ser Alayne Tarly had taught him.

Ser Tymon
Passive Ride: 14
Health 9/9
AR 10
Stance: Posted in personal forum

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:20 pm

Ser Wyll rides up next to meet seer Tymon. Wyll is a stout man, the horse he rides will probably be up for a rough ride too. He is dressed as suits a knight of his standing, and after quickly greeting his opponent he spurs his horse to face this doughty Lannister!

Passive ride:14
Health:12/12
AR: 10 [Edited in by Reader]
Stance: Normal
[url=Jousting roll][/url]: 10d6k4 19
[url=stay in saddle][/url]: 5d6k3 18

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:56 am

Ser Tymon
Passive Ride: 16
Health 9/9
AR 10

[url=Joust with Ser Wyll - Pass 1][/url]: 11d6k5-2 21
2 DoS - 6 Damage after Armor - He easily made the ride check

[url=Joust with Ser Wyll - Pass 1 Stay in the Saddle][/url]: 5d6k3 14
1 DoS against me - no damage - ride check made

Ser Tymon and Ser Wyll both struck each other well, and both remained horsed. He glanced to the stands where he could see Lady Helen in the crowd and he was happy to see her cheering him on. Ser Tymon turned in the list and focused himself as he readied for the next pass. He saluted Ser Wyll and started down the list.

Ser Tymon
Health 9/9
AR 10

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:15 am

Ser Wyll redoubles his efforts against the mighty Westerman...

[url=CYB (between pass 1 &
2)][/url]: 4d6 14 (so close to 4 DoS....)

[url=Pass 2 v. Ser Tymon (HitS 2)][/url]: 9d6k4+2 21, 9 per DoS
[url=Pass 2 Ride, HitS 2][/url]: 5d6k3-2 14

Passive ride:14
Health:9/12
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:44 am

Ser Tymon
Passive Ride: 16
Health 9/9
AR 10

[url=Joust with Ser Wyll - Pass 2][/url]: 11d6k5-2 25
3 DoS - 14 dmg - unhorses Ser Wyll

[url=Joust with Ser Wyll - Pass 2 Stay in the Saddle][/url]: 5d6k3 13 - Ride check 12 made, I remain in the saddle

I will ransom back his horse and armor.

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:31 am

Ser Tymon takes some time between bouts to rest, taking off his gloves and helm, wiping his brow, and taking a small measure of water to cool himself. He speaks with Helen beside the stands as he prepares for his next bout. As he is called to the lists he smiles at Helen whispering "
Hear us Roar"
, as she wishes him luck. He mounts his courser, Storm, puts on his gloves and helm, lowering the visor as he moves into position in the list prepared to face Ser Theomore Tullison. He spurs his courser as he starts down the list.

Ser Tymon
Health 9/9
AR 10

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:49 pm

To the surprise of many, Ser Theomore had not been first in line when challenges were offered. One after another, they stepped up, Lords and Knights of renown, speaking of their deeds, or having them spoken of. And the tourney master was busy arranging the order in which they may be allowed to sign themselves up in the rolls. And yet, there were no words spoken from the only man that could ride from the tourney fields of Riverrun upon his horse and leaving his three lances all broken after having faced the Aurochs. The man that for over ten years had been a favorite of much of the crowd (especially the young ladies) for his quick smile and penchant for showmanship when a tourney was held. Indeed, some wondered if he even would bother to take part. Though the popular theory in the stands was that he would enter as a mystery knight on the last day, seeking to offer challenge to whatever champion seemed the stronger in a bid to offer a match that whose story would spread as far as the Arbor. Such can the gossip and speculation of young maidens be.

By the time Ser Theomore finally showed himself, Lady Floreta's was slightly disappointed. For now her cousins and the daughters of Frey bannermen in her company had all agreed that he would not only do just that, he would also win. As he surely would have at Riverrun, but for the Aurochs. And then he would reveal himself to ask the question she had waited for the whole year. It would be a moment of romance fit for the singers, and the maiden would guide his lance true. His horsemanship would take care of itself. It would not happen this way, for Ser Theomore had finally shown himself, walking towards the scrolls of matches, knights of lesser renown parting to let him through, unclear as to whether this was out of respect or fear, for accounts of his deeds as of late did warrant caution, and his skill undeniable. Very much unlike the Tullison knight, there is no fanfare, no smile, no fancy words. He simply walks over to the tourney master, is handed a quill and adds his name to one of the lanes. Then departs again without a word. Most agree that it probably must have been the incident with Vhagar that troubles him, though theories of a darker shade also circulate.

Theomore remained uncharacteristically somber as he rode up to touch Ser Tymon's shield with his lance. Not even bothering with cloak or tabard over his plate, though that had been polished as diligently as that of his lord Nephew, and the shield was freshly painted. There was no smile on his face, nor in his eyes, as one usually would expect. Rather, there was nothing but a warrior's focus. But Lady Floreta knew what to do, she approached Theomore as Ser Tymon readied himself for what most imagined would be the match to determine who would sit in the place of honor reserved for the champions at the feast, unless the winner were so expended that he would fall to fatigue and wounds at the hands of a lesser opponent as Ser Jon Roxton had.

"
Mayhaps Florian the Fox has forgotten how to smile?"
Lady Floreta teases, fidgeting with a blue scarf inlaid with silvery embroidment loosely tied around her neck. "
Mayhaps he merely has lost it."
Theomore responds in kind before he slides down from his saddle with such grace as he is better known for than his lacklustre showing so far. Though his smile remains absent. "
Mayhaps my lady must find it."
Floreta looks at him with a puzzled expression, unsure what to respond to that. But when a lady can be knighted and enter the joust, when a lady can be named head of a house and take precedence over her husband...then a lady might be allowed to be so bold in courtship as only the most confident of knights -such as Ser Theomore- ordinarily would dare? She takes two short steps towards him, gently places her forefingers into the corners of his mouth and forces them up. "
I think I just did..."
she pauses for emphasis, as Theomore himself liked to do, before lovingly adding "
Ser"
at the end.

The resulting transformation of Theomore's face is rather striking, with a few words and bold touches, the lady brought out the man that most had been looking forward to see. "
But I must say, a knight should not ride in a joust adorned in so little color."
Another boldness, stated quite matter-of-factly. "
Never let it be said that Ser Theomore Tullison disagreed with the opinion of a lady on such matters, though it would hardly be proper to make good Ser Tymon wait while I send for a tabard."
A most delightful answer to the ears of Lady Floreta. "
Well, then, this shall have to suffice."
she giggles as she removes her scarf and ties it around Theomore's right forearm. "
But Ser must promise to return it unstained by the mud, or I shall have the pleasure of watching the maid teach you how to wash it out."

"
I wonder which outcome will please my lady the most?"
Theomore teases back. "
The one where my fox returns triumphant to sweep his love off her feet."
She tip toes to kiss him on the cheek before turning back to the stands. Theomore jumps back up in his saddle with another flourish, then receives his helmet and lance from the squire. Once his face is concealed by the greathelm, his smile takes on the form of satisfaction of another play well done. The singers would have their tender romantic moment now. Now to complete the show by winning this thing. Sweeping his love off her feet? That was among the things he could not do, would not do, but the rest? That he would take.

All of it.

[This post has reader stamp of approval.

Anyone who feels like it may attempt awareness(empathy) for clues as to what's going on with Theo during the sign-up phase and such.

Jousting stuff to come in next post.]

Last edited by 109 on Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:09 pm

As if spurred on by some invisible force, Theomore opens with such determination as none could recall having seen from this knight before. Perhaps Lady Floreta's influence on him? His technique was unmistakable from Riverrun however, High in the Stirrups as always. Except the old fox must have trained, or perhaps grown more dangerous through having faced several knights in duels to the death (of his opponents) as of late. Or maybe this is what the power of love can do?

Passive Ride: 21
Health 9/9
[url=High in Saddle +2 + Winning Fist][/url]: 10d6k5+5 26 9 damage per DoS
[url=stay in saddle][/url]: 6d6k4-2 19

[Some contingent stuff in my private forum]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:19 am

Ser Tymon
Passive Ride: 19
Health 0/9
AR 10
Stance: High in the Saddle+2

[url=Joust with Ser Theomore Tullison - Pass 1][/url]: 11d6k5+2 24
[url=Joust with Ser Theomore Tullison - Pass 1 - Ride Check][/url]: 5d6k3-2 10
Use of Lucky- Fail

Knocked unconscious (run out of health)

Last edited by 201 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:50 am

[For the sake of book-keeping, Theo's contingent BoA +2 bonus kicked off to prevent DoS reduction being possible with DP. Though I think you'd have to activate anointed before rolls are made? At least this is how we've done it up until now (or Kevan, at least). Good news being that you then should be able use it for some other purpose instead later on, but the result being you'd need to take a manly wound or defeat by 0 health upon falling, but I am only having Theo kill/maim NPC's in tourneys, PC's just fall off their horse and have to ransom it back along with the armor.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:55 am

Anointed was listed in personal forums before the joust.

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:58 am

Well, tradition here is that it is posted publicly, as it's an action taken before the fighting tests. But we'll see what reader says.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:20 am

Theomore Tullison wrote:Well, tradition here is that it is posted publicly, as it's an action taken before the fighting tests. But we'll see what reader says.

[ooc: I'll allow it this time as Ser Tymon is newer to the game and it was noted elsewhere. Rotten luck for him on the stay in the saddle roll, Ser Theomore wins unless Tymon spends destiny to reduce Theo's pass 1 DoS.

The big question - will Lord Redwain appoint the impressive Ser Tymon to the now vacant lane 4?

Slight pause here while I check all the maths please.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:53 am

[If my BoA +2 activation stands, it prevents that outcome. That contingency technically was made on the assumption that anointed wasn't in play (PR 15 or less, but I did tell Tymon that it did kick in upon snooping around in orokos to see that he he went high in saddle.) so it could secure 3 DoS, but even not knowing that Tymon fails the ride check, it makes sense to pull out as it puts him at 1 health, and a 50% chance of failing the stay in saddle check, thus 50% chance of requiring DP/Lucky to try and stay afloat, plus it puts Theo ahead in the DoS department in a joust where he statistically will land 1 more DoS than Tymon each tilt.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:25 pm

[OOC:

First things first I'm the realest. :8-):

No, wait, that's not it.

First things first - a gently reminder not to snoop on Orokos please. Smile

Second: minor snafu with Theomore's tilt roll - you can't roll more dice than your base ability so dropping two random dice: [url=Deleting extra dice][/url]: 2#1d10 4 5
- Reduce the roll to 18 overall, plus 5 static bonuses (contigent on character sheet standing - see below) = 23 or 25 if Blood of the Andals used.

Third: Theomore's XP spending &
totals are still being reviewed so this is paused for the moment.

Once character sheet etc is all settled we go in to destiny point spending etc]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:50 pm

[OOC: should also add here that we've been playing Blood of the Andals as being spent after a roll is made, so Theomore would have been able to wait in this specific instance. The general point stands however.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next