Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lane 5 challengers

+2
Theomore Tullison
Yoren longshore
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lane 5 challengers - Page 2 Empty Re: Lane 5 challengers

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:52 pm

[No, the total dices being allowed depends on the number of test dices in the roll, not ability rank. I could have rolled up to 12 dices here.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:56 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:[No, the total dices being allowed depends on the number of test dices in the roll, not ability rank.]

[OOC: says different things in different places in the rules. "
As usual, their ability ranks restrict the number of bonus dice they may roll"
conflicts with some earlier examples on test dice. I lean towards the ability dice capping bonus dice.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:11 pm

[Well, in that case, there is no problem as only four of these dices are bonus dice. But this would be an issue for the game mechanics thread that contradicts the dice guide which we have used for BITW and the entirety of this game.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:14 pm

[OOC: we may be able to move on quickly as Ser Tymon is being a mensch and is happy to take a Defeat: Unconcious result and Lord Redwain has reopened lane 4, creating a perfect opportunity for Ser Tymon v Lord Bartheld.

We can review your character sheet in your forum and the broader test dice v ability dice in the mechanics thread as you rightly suggest Theo. I'll remind people that this isn't BITW although it rhymes.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:42 pm

[OOC: all set to proceed here, with Ser Theomore's slightly adjusted character sheet.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:38 pm

[Mayhaps we can dispense with the ransom if Tymon promises to shows up at Theo's wedding (on the assumption that there will be one, and signs up for the joust there if we'll have one) assuming he isn't otherwise occupied and Theo gets an invitation to Tymon's wedding?]

Theomore personally checks that Ser Tymon is alright, though wisely let's the maester and his attendants do anything that involves moving him or any part of his armor. As the crowd settles down enough, he loudly declares that the sting of the lion knight's lance was comparable to that of the Auroch's himself, and that it was a pity that Ser Tymon's ill luck denied the crowds the opportunity to see more of his talent.

Not that this was particularly encouraging for Ser Chandren Blanetree, for he was no better rider than Ser Tymon, and he was certainly not the Auroch's equal with the lance. And by the looks of it, Ser Theomore had shrugged off Ser Tymon's thrust without much effort on his own part.

Both knights lines up for the tilt and charges at full speed, that is when Theomore, -now having found the time to don a tabard- does something unexpected, he opts for a low profile to better use his shield, a maneuver only a handful in the stands claims to have seen him open with before. Nobody believes them.

PR: 22
AR: 10
Health 9/9
[url=Defensive+2][/url]: 9d6k4 18

Facing KoQ
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:30 am

Tymon was knocked cleanly off his courser and landed unceremoniously on the ground, knocked out by the blow and the resulting fall. As he came to, he opened his eyes with the maesters and Septon Arlyn all around him as they peeled off his armor. He mumbled “Well, I know I am not in the afterlife, or there would be someone much more beautiful to greet and disrobe me” he said to Septon Arlyn. Thankfully he had suffered no breaks or permanent injuries, other than wounded pride. He thought to himself “Sometimes fate is a fickle bitch”, as he cursed himself for not keeping his seat. “No apple for you” he said to Storm as she nuzzled his face “Away from me you beast” he chuckled, causing him to then grimace as the laugh made him feel the bruises he would surely have within the next few hours.

[I am good with paying the ransom, to the victor go the spoils – and as they “A Lannister Always Pays His Debts”. I have deducted 3600 ss from my character sheet for the price of my plate and courser if you are so inclined. I don’t care about the armor but am rather fond of my horse]

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:11 am

[Theo will still make the offer, but he will accept coin, too.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:36 pm

Ser Reinmark had early on issues with people not believing his claim that he had been knighted, though he has later proven through his skill that he must have had good tutoring in both lance and swords. He rides out aggressively, sure that the older man must be tired by now.

Defence: 14
Health 9/9
[url=hitting Theomore][/url]: 9d6k4+2 25
[url=Stay in saddle][/url]: 5d6k3-2 12

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:53 pm

[url=stay in saddle][/url]: 6d6k4 18

The thrust against him was a very strong one, one that would have hurt with a more daring approach in the saddle. But this was why Theomore had chosen to sit low, allowing him to turn away a strike that would have felled most knights outright, his back remaining straight, not even being thrown back an inch in a testament to his horsemanship as he seems to simply twist in the saddle to absorb the force of the blow. He rides over to the other end of the list to receive a new lance from his squire, having the old familiar feeling of being in a world with only two men, two horses and two lances rise up is comforting. No worries, no greens, no blacks, no demands, no guilt. If only the world could be as simple as this all the time.

PR: 20
Health: 9/9
Maneuver in private forum.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:24 pm

[url=stay in saddle][/url]: 5d6k3-2 14
[url=Hitting Theomore][/url]: 9d6k4+2 20

Again he attempts to unhorse the stubborn old man. But again he barely scratches at Theomores armor.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:21 pm

Ser Reinmark's lance shatters upon Theomore's shield, but that is all it does, while the Tullison knight delivers a blow that his opponent just barely manages to sustain, a booming voice in the crowds comments about how jousts are mostly horsemanship.

[url=Defensive+2][/url]: 9d6k4 20 2 DoS, 18 damage, 8 after AR.
Reinmark's strike is 0 DoS against PR 22, no ride check needed.

PR 22
AR 10
Health 9
Maneuver in private forum.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:21 am

Tirelessly the younger knight tries to unhorse Tullison, but to little avail.

[url=stay in saddle][/url]: 5d6k3-2 14
[url=hitting Theomore][/url]: 9d6k4+2 25

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:57 am

Again, the aim of Ser Reinmark is impeccable, better than that of Ser Theomore for this match, but again, the Tullison knight's horsemanship and low posture takes all edge from it, as he simply leans away from the lance such that all it does is to harmlessly hit his shoulder plate, allowing Theomore to almost effortlessly move with the impact, his back remaining upright.

[url=Defensive+2][/url]: 9d6k4 22 2 DoS, 8 damage after AR, any injuries taken will not lower the stay in saddle roll below 12.
[url=stay in saddle][/url]: 6d6k4 21

That's Theo 5, Reinmark 2 by my count.

Next up being a bunch of nobodies, 12 knights of no quality, if Theo does defensive +1, these guys have no chance at getting more than 0 DoS, while Theo is guaranteed 0 DoS on each of his hits. If Lord Ereth ordains that ties should be resolved by jousting again until there is a winner (as he was about to do with Ben before DP twisted fate), Theo defeats these guys. Against hedge knights, it's possible for him to critical fail, but they can still only get 0 DoS, so:
[url=Hedge Knight #1][/url]: 3#9d6k4+1 22 21 22
[url=Hedge Knight #2][/url]: 3#9d6k4+1 21 21 23
Both gets defeated by running out of health on first tilt, and just for fun (only first tilt):
[url=knights of no quality][/url]: 12#9d6k4+1 23 22 21 24 20 23 22 17 15 23 22 19
All running out of health on first tilt (#9, if going defensive +2, avoids this fate if he can make the TN9 ride check, still loosing though.)

Which should be:
2X Plate and Courser (Tymon+KoQ): 7200SS
12X Splint and Rounsey (Knights): 12600SS
2X Mail and Rounsey (Hedge Knights): 1100SS
=20900SS
+1 glory
+80GD victory purse?
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:06 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:
Which should be:
2X Plate and Courser (Tymon+KoQ): 7200SS
12X Splint and Rounsey (Knights): 12600SS
2X Mail and Rounsey (Hedge Knights): 1100SS
=20900SS
+1 glory
+80GD victory purse?

1gd = 210ss

Total victory purse: 99 gd, 110ss
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:56 pm

Fourteen knights had come after Ser Reinmark, none of them managed to stay in the saddle in the face of Ser Theomore's lance, none of them managed to do more than merely breaking their lance upon his shield. The Tullison knight rode much too well in the saddle, a pose of focused determination, gone was the jouster the Knights of the Riverlands thought they knew. The one that was known to always stand in his stirrups, the one that dominated the pageantry, the one that won the crowds with his smile in the early rounds, but ultimately fell short once entering the final sixteen.

Now he rode much more controlled, as if winning was all that mattered. But after each victory, there were signs of the old Ser Theomore emerging, more and more his trademark showmanship came bubbling up to the surface, though he would disappear into his own bubble of focus well in time for each match, and there was little fanfare as he dipped his lance towards his opponent in a show of respect before readying himself for the charge. Had he been hardened since Riverrun? In many ways it could seem like it. As if the knight had previously rode for the good sport of it, but now using every inch of talent to win. Others speculated that the last time Ser Theomore jousted around these parts, a young boy died, and perhaps the memory made him more cautious, a defensive strategy might certainly suggest as much.

Though despite the more grave tone of his demeanor than was usual, Ser Theomore never once failed to honor the lady who's favor he was wearing. He always checked on his unhorsed opponent before anything else, and then he would smile in her direction, sometimes with a small bow or flourish, at least twice he indicated that the favor was what had won this match...a mummer's show, but the lady was a romantic at heart, and it was what the crowd expected to see, and after the fifth time, Theomore starts to remembered that he once found these little moments rather enjoyable, now his smile was only skin deep. Where did he loose that part of himself? One part was ravaged by Ser Benjen Frey, another were slaughtered by Ser Robert Black and his men, a third was scorched by Vhagar, and the rest? Carried off by one beyond his reach. All of it? One could only hope that there were something left hidden deep inside, or more could be found. Hope was such a liar.

And yet, hope gave life to so many things, a certain young lady grew ever more cheerful at each of his victories. Finally, with no further challengers approaching, her heart fluttered with so much hope that all the ladies of the Twins and their banners would then and there judge Ser Theomore to be the most vile man in all the realms should he fail to do the one thing that would not break it. He had, after all, fed that hope knowing full well what he was doing, plain for all to see. He had trapped himself in such expectations, perhaps intentionally, not too far away from the Lady Floreta sat a trio of her cousins, their faces darkened, it had been whispered that the hand of the fair sister of the foul Ser Benjen had been sought by half a dozen Freys of lesser branches...Ser Theomore was not the only suitor, no, but there was another, perhaps now trapped by the very same expectations as Ser Theomore had placed upon himself. For Ser Theomore to not ask for her hand in marriage would indeed be an act of cruelty, but denying this request...would it not be equally cruel?

Though Theomore was not one to anger Lord Frey by putting him in such a position, the agreement was already put in writing and Lords Dunstan and Forrest had attached their seals, even Ser Theomore's nephew had managed to hold his tongue, and thus only a handful was aware of this fact, though a great deal more had a notion that Theomore was the suitor of Lord Frey's choice, and had been so for months.

"
My Lord Forrest."
Theomore rode up to where the man was seated, his shield and helmet handed over to the squire, sensing what was about to occur, the crowd falling silent so that they may witness the moment in full, and Theomore's voice was raised so that they all could hear. "
There is a very special lady present, one that has won my heart."
In one long moment of silence, almost two moments, his gaze and smile moves to her, well not exactly, not the special lady that actually had won it, the one he was willing to give it to, no, his smile was for the lady he pretended to offer it to. "
I should like her to have it, my lord. And so I ask humbly for permission to take the hand of the Lady Floreta in marriage, if she would grant me the honor of becoming my wife."

All eyes turns on Lord Forrest, a man whose reputation suggested that he might not be too keen on granting such a request to a man that had aided Prince Aemond in the execution of seventeen poor souls in horrible fashion. But the show had softened him. Ser Theomore had trapped the Lord Frey even so, not by the expectations of the crowd, no. But by it's mood, and most of all the shine brought to Lady Floreta's eyes as she heard the words she had dreamed of hearing for more than a year. Lady Sabitha Frey-Vypren whisphered something in Lord Frey's ear, her husband pausing for a moment before nodding. At that very moment, as Lord Forrest stands up, a smile light up on his face, brought forth by the feeling of being part of something good, the feeling of having made the right choice, despite the doubts he harboured. "
Ser Theomore, it is you who would honor my cousin, and House Frey, by taking her as your wife."
With a gesture, he invites Theomore to ask the lady for her own opinion. "
My lord is most kind."
Theomore bows deeply from the saddle, though before he has turned his destrier to ride over to the lady, Floreta, in her eagerness, has already climbed down from the stands forcing him to dismount to approach her.

Deciding to play out the show to the fullest, Theomore goes down on one knee, annoying a lady that quite clearly does not want to wait any longer, but pleasing the crowd. "
My lady Floreta, would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"
He asks, and she leans down to kiss him, on the mouth, surprising, but he has done enough of that sort of thing to respond instantly to her move. "
I assume that would be a yes, my lady?"
He asks once she is finished, the cheers drowns out those words for all but the two of them.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2