Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Wings, Dark Words: Dragon's Dance on Hiatus

+13
Ser Jorah Holt
Lady Corrine Marsten
Baelon Drakeson
Ereth Redwain
Ser Walton Dulver
Ayleth Bartheld
Kevan Lyras
Yoren longshore
Theomore Tullison
Dyana Marsten
Gwyneth Drakeson
Loreia
Reader
17 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Dark Wings, Dark Words: Dragon's Dance on Hiatus - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Wings, Dark Words: Dragon's Dance on Hiatus

Post by Reader Sun May 08, 2016 10:54 am

Yoren longshore wrote:Two weeks has gone since the law enforsement left. Many was killed, the tavern was blown to smithereens, and doughty men was sent to the wall. It is said that the qarthian word for crisis is a combination of opportunity and danger, and we are all thrust into this crisis. Who will prosper, and who will fall?

Essentially a short scenario I toyed around with in my head, and I need Reader to approve and create a subforum. Each week is a day and it will work much like dragonsdance, only smaller. The consept is that all that wants to participate is someone of relative low status, you might be the replacement maester, you might be a farmer or a wandering hedgeknight, but relatively speaking you are not someone important. Either you have arrived to the Bracken/blackwood lands to gain fame, or you just want to survive the chaos that has erupted around you. This allows for many sorts of characters. I will need 3 or more players for this to be worthwile, but apart from that this will just be an immersion into how the small guys feel.

Anyone interested?

BTW: I don't remember if i have wished reader good luck, if I haven't: Good luck!

Approved and forum created:

viewforum.php?f=233

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:I'm sorry that things have gotten to this point, but I still love this game very much and want to continue when you are able, Reader. I hope the wedding and repairs go smoothly &
quickly, and I am totally on board for a renewed push forward once you're ready.

I've got a week of college assessments left, and I'm rehearsing for both a film and a theatre show, so I totally understand needing to cut down on tasks for a bit.

I'd also gladly take part in an aforementioned "
little something'.

Thanks Corrine.

I'll try to keep everyone up to date on my timeline - I'm back from honeymoon on the 25th of June, but even after that it seems repairs will take four weeks (taking me away from my home PC, which is the best tool for running the game). If I'm very lucky repairs can start while I'm on honeymoon, but more likely I'll need to be present to organise things (and collect money from eight other owners (which is probably the hardest element - if this was just mine to organise everything would be done by now).

Good luck to all of our student players, those setting/marking papers for others and Corrine for her shows!
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Dark Wings, Dark Words: Dragon's Dance on Hiatus - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Wings, Dark Words: Dragon's Dance on Hiatus

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon May 09, 2016 12:06 pm

oh go on then, I'll join in as well

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:58 am

Received insurance proceeds and aiming to approve work on Friday, will hopefully have dates for repairs soon after that (I will be out of the house and away from a desktop PC while repairs are made).

Birmingham board game expo on Saturday, wedding 11th of June and then honeymoon for two weeks, so communication patchy.

Really looking forward to restarting the game! Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:27 am

hope everything goes alright and enjoy your wedding and honeymoon

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:14 pm

Good news all around.

Have fun!
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:59 pm

All good news!

I'm really looking forward to the restart too!
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:53 pm

We're all here waiting patiently and eagerly. :;
):

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:08 pm

Enjoy your wedding and I hope everything is grand and great for you and yours in this days to come.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:07 pm

Cheers for the kind wishes troops, some unexpected good news:

- Everything is fully sorted with the insurer.
- Piece of good news 1) Repairs starting on Monday while I'm on honeymoon. Much earlier than anticipated. Minor issue with one of the front three rooms - ceiling will be removed and treated but can't be replaced until a common beam between my flat and the one above is repaired. Sadly they can't fix it from below, need to go in from the flat above. However, looks like this will eventually get done, but I'm not in control of the timeline.
- Piece of good news 2) Won't need to move out of the house!

Almost a minor disaster as my computer finally died yesterday after it kept going to black screen for days. System restore/repairs all hopeless despite hours of effort.

Thankfully during one of its brief spurts of life I backed everything up to an external drive in a rare display of forethought! I'd rather be lucky than good.

Not setting a hard date for anything, but I think a July return to wrap up the offseason is very likely (alongside a roll-call of returining characters and recruitment drive for new PCs) and then on to story 3. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:37 am

Huzzah!
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:00 pm

Short update - back from honeymoon.

Will be updating bits and pieces, but slower than normal as operating from tablet/mobile and need to spend time with my wife's family, who are graciously hosting us while repairs are carried out.

Will email workmen and try to find out how many more weeks of work are needed. Will update with this news early next week.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:28 pm

Minimum three more weeks of repairs (read: posting from tablet/phone). Sorry all.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:34 am

Minimum of three more weeks of work on my house, will get started properly once I'm back home. Sorry everyone for the delay.

Combination of typing on a tablet and trying to contribute while a guest with very kind in laws is delaying things.

Please hang in there patient players!
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:42 am

When you are able to return to proper active posting, I'd like to know what retort Myles Blackwood has to Nathan's question, which was asked in the following thread in Story 2:
[url=D4MM An Audacious Request][/url]

There's potential there for delicious, hateful (non)commentary from the regent on the enmity between their houses.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:10 am

Not dead yet, just busy with building stuff. Meeting workmen today, will update on likely return to full capacity/desktop PC access. Hopefully a week or two away.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:44 pm

Thank you for the update!
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:13 pm

Hopefully back to flat tomorrow, posting delayed by setting up and need to upgrade my phone - to replace my wife's sister's phone after she doused it in water. A tangled web...
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:39 pm

Reader wrote:Hopefully back to flat tomorrow, posting delayed by setting up and need to upgrade my phone - to replace my wife's sister's phone after she doused it in water. A tangled web...
After reading GRRMs works, I think that web will be possible to solve :;
):

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:44 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:
Reader wrote:Hopefully back to flat tomorrow, posting delayed by setting up and need to upgrade my phone - to replace my wife's sister's phone after she doused it in water. A tangled web...
After reading GRRMs works, I think that web will be possible to solve :;
):

Ha, I expect nothing less given the performance the PCs put in solving various mysteries.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:46 pm

Or he'll solve half the web then take five years to solve the other half.
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:13 am

Ayleth Bartheld wrote:Or he'll solve half the web then take five years to solve the other half.

Zing!
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:46 pm

Moving back in delayed by a few days - updates as I have them! Sorry all, appreciate your patience. Embarassed
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:24 am

We're so close now, just a few days! I'm ready.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:27 am

Loreia wrote:We're so close now, just a few days! I'm ready.

Same. A few days' delay is actually helpful to me, as it's production week for my show, so I'm having to focus all my energy on that.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:52 am

I shiver with antici... pation. :ugeek:

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:A few days' delay is actually helpful to me, as it's production week for my show, so I'm having to focus all my energy on that.
Ah, but slowing sown your posting a little would give the rest of us a little time to catch up - you're nearly 2000 posts ahead! Laughing
Not that I should be saying much, being next after you and about 1000 posts ahead of #4, Theo. Rolling Eyes

In all seriousness, break a leg. Very Happy
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next