Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Wings, Dark Words: Dragon's Dance on Hiatus

+13
Ser Jorah Holt
Lady Corrine Marsten
Baelon Drakeson
Ereth Redwain
Ser Walton Dulver
Ayleth Bartheld
Kevan Lyras
Yoren longshore
Theomore Tullison
Dyana Marsten
Gwyneth Drakeson
Loreia
Reader
17 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Dark Wings, Dark Words: Dragon's Dance on Hiatus - Page 3 Empty Re: Dark Wings, Dark Words: Dragon's Dance on Hiatus

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:05 am

Baelon wrote:I shiver with antici... pation. :ugeek:

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:A few days' delay is actually helpful to me, as it's production week for my show, so I'm having to focus all my energy on that.
Ah, but slowing sown your posting a little would give the rest of us a little time to catch up - you're nearly 2000 posts ahead! Laughing
Not that I should be saying much, being next after you and about 1000 posts ahead of #4, Theo. Rolling Eyes

In all seriousness, break a leg. Very Happy

Hah! I hadn't even been looking at my post count! Jeezo! Laughing

Yeah, get your activity in this week, while I'm distracted. Razz
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Dark Wings, Dark Words: Dragon's Dance on Hiatus - Page 3 Empty Re: Dark Wings, Dark Words: Dragon's Dance on Hiatus

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:59 pm

It's just because you are an enthusiastic and committed player with a strong penchant for character-driven roleplay scenes. Nothing to be ashamed of;
quite the opposite really. I know for my own part it's easy to get caught up in the mechanics and strategics and such, and to let the roleplay side of it slip sometimes... I need to make more of an effort to keep the RP aspect strong.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:04 pm

Fingers crossed this link works.

Back late, but decided to set up my PC and hopefully get posting again properly. Still a bit more painting to go, but getting back up to speed.

Apologies for the mess, our house is literally a building site.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B71fb ... J3bk9UV1gw
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:20 am

Heh. Man cave. Nice.

Also, huzzah!
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:57 am

Baelon wrote:Heh. Man cave. Nice.

Also, huzzah!

Indulgent eyeroll at the sign. Rolling Eyes [need a smiling version of this] A gift/hint from my mother-in-law.

Busy this morning taking much delayed delivery of wedding gifts (holding off as long as they let us so there would be space in the house). Hitting posts now. Hopefully a productive weekend of posting - a bit of house stuff (need to move stuff back in to house), but wife is in Paris with her sister so plenty of time. Smile

I see I have a number of PMs to get through and will then get cracking on posts.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:36 pm

Reader wrote:Indulgent eyeroll at the sign. Rolling Eyes [need a smiling version of this] A gift/hint from my mother-in-law.
Until recently I was living on my own, so my whole apartment was my cave... Laughing Rolling Eyes Very Happy
(when one smiley doesn't encapsulate what I want to express, I just use multiple... usually indicating a progression of feelings - I'll do this, but I refuse to use emoji... :mrgreen: )

Reader wrote:Busy this morning taking much delayed delivery of wedding gifts (holding off as long as they let us so there would be space in the house). Hitting posts now. Hopefully a productive weekend of posting - a bit of house stuff (need to move stuff back in to house), but wife is in Paris with her sister so plenty of time. Smile

I see I have a number of PMs to get through and will then get cracking on posts.
Glad to hear your life is beginning to settle back into normalcy. The return to the game is good, too!
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:19 pm

Glad things are getting back to a functioning state!
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:52 pm

Rough timeline as I get back to full house access.

- 24th August: house repaired and painting complete.
- 26th August: house cleaned and I move back in properly.

The next week or so and weekend 27-28th of August might be devoted to wedding thank you letters.

Appreciate new and old players sticking it out. Pace will improve massively soon (as I hope old threads demonstrate).
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:50 pm

Consistent with the timeline in my previous post, I'm back in my house and have finished the thank you letters. Let's get this show on the road.

Will also announce a week in September that I'm taking off (need to firm up dates) - ideal time to kickstart story 3.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:23 pm

Awesome! Great to have you back officially. Compared to the months-long hiatus, one week is nothing.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:59 am

Huzzah! Welcome back!

I feel a deep need to figure out what was going on when we left off.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:29 am

Eeeeeeeee!
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:18 pm

so what is official status of the game for this moment? Rolling Eyes
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:36 pm

This week, posts will be recommencing, I believe. Smile
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:23 pm

Can we get an update on restart?
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:46 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:Can we get an update on restart?

Yes. And very sorry to everyone.

First the bad news.

I've been snowed under with work (and finishing putting together wedding gifts!).

I'm away on the next two weekends for weddings (Berlin then London).

Now the good news:

I've taken a week off work to get the game restarted. I'm off from the 3rd of October. Smile

Appreciate the patience from everyone. Very sorry for delay, real life intruding.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:58 pm

If we are re-starting on Monday, can we get an OOC recap on where we finished up at in Story 2 and where we stand in the downtime tasks? It will help give us framework of what is still unfinished and it will be a good starting point for the new players.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:34 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:If we are re-starting on Monday, can we get an OOC recap on where we finished up at in Story 2 and where we stand in the downtime tasks? It will help give us framework of what is still unfinished and it will be a good starting point for the new players.

That's a good idea! Maybe each House could contribute mini recaps to weave together and maybe make Reader's part in recapping easier, so we can get moving more swiftly?
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:49 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:
That's a good idea! Maybe each House could contribute mini recaps to weave together and maybe make Reader's part in recapping easier, so we can get moving more swiftly?

Perhaps Reader could start an OOC recap thread. Partly this is for me as well. I am not sure what finally happened with the treaty. I know there was a lot of discussion, but I don't think anything was actually voted on. Some of the downtime stuff is up in the air too. The Daleford Girl was rescued, but I don't think was ever officially resolved. I have no idea what is happening with Market Town. We should settle a lot of these nagging questions so we have a clean start to Story 3.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:52 pm

Fair enough.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:09 pm

I don't see us starting story 3 on monday...more like cleaning through Downtime stuff.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:17 am

I don't think Reader said story 3 was starting on Monday.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:32 am

Theomore Tullison wrote:I don't see us starting story 3 on monday...more like cleaning through Downtime stuff.

I was not under the expectation that Story 3 was starting on Monday either given the degree of unfinished business.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:51 am

My misreading then.

Anyway, I think it's best that we just make that OOC-recap thread on our own iniative and reader can then pop in to comment.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:53 pm

That's what I'd thought. The less extra stuff Reader has to do, the quicker things are likely to get done.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next