Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Contest]The Hunt

+8
Theomore Tullison
Ser Jorah Holt
Benedict Marsten
Aerion Storm
Luecian LongBow
Loreia
Lady Corrine Marsten
Daveth Coldbrook
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Contest]The Hunt Empty [Contest]The Hunt

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:28 pm

Some hunt animals.  Others hunt more dangerous prey...

Survival (Hunt) at a pre-declared TN, note this in Orokos. You may make a maximum of three rolls/assists.
TN 9 – 1 point: Fish, rabbit or game birds.
TN 12 – 2 points: Deer.
TN 15 – 3 points: Boar or stag.
TN 18 – 5 points: The White stag [only the highest score succeeding at TN 18 can capture the White Stag – others are left empty handed]
1st: 15GD, Superior Hunting Bow (worth 1,100ss/ 5GD, 50ss), +1 TP
2nd: 10GD
3rd: 5GD

[Note: goods may be sold at full cash value at the tourney. Effectively, they're colour.]

Rather than hunt animals, you may choose to try and intrigue a present NPC. Choose to target a high status character (4+) or a relatively low status character (3 or less). Note this in your roll please, no fudging it after the fact.
- High status: Roll Status (Breeding), then a simple intrigue. Very high status characters cannot be targeted [7+]
- You may only target a character with an indifferent (or poorer) disposition towards you.
- Low status: Roll Awareness (empathy), then a simple intrigue.
- You may forgo your own rolls to assist another character.
If you succeed, you may:
- Improve the targeted character's disposition towards you one step, or lower it towards another character (including Npcs) by one, or undo another character's attempted disposition lowering.
- Each character may only be targeted with the disposition lowering option once towards any given character (e.g. All of you can target to lower Ser Madeupname's disposition towards various people by one step, but you can't gang up to drive his ire against the same target).
- You can adjust your choice at the end of the day if someone else targets you later, to stop people waiting.
- influence on NPC depends on DoS, the TN is blind (set by NPC ID) and that desired mechanical impact will reflect ability used (incite to lower disposition, convince is versatile, persuade to make people like you, seduce is obvious etc).

Last edited by Daveth Coldbrook on Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

[Contest]The Hunt Empty Re: [Contest]The Hunt

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:24 am

[Spending DP to substitute Hunt for Marksmanship.]

Last edited by Lady Corrine Marsten on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:10 am

Forgot to declare TN:

Coldbrook Grand Tourney - Hunting w/Badger TN12: 4d6k3 10 4d6k3 10 4d6k3 11
...Well I should have expected that.
Coldbrook Grand Tourney - Hunting w/Badger 4d6k3 17
[Reader has graciously allowed me to keep the first roll of my undeclared test. This won't happen again!]
Total: 2pts

Badger remembers the hunt from last...long ago. It was a great hunt. Master and master's friend used their sharp things to kill the things he caught. There was a tall, lanky thing with  horns on its head. There was this squat, large oinking thing with horns coming out of its mouth. He caught them both, Master killed them and then fed him some of their tasty bits. And now Master says they're going to do it again!

This time, Badger is overeager. So overeager, that he has navigation problems and finds himself barking excitedly at inanimate things he mistook for their mark. And Loreia, having a lot of faith in her pet after Lord Haigh's hunt, keeps at it for hours until the hunt is over. They catch nothing.

She lays down in the grass, and Badger comes over to sniff at her face and lick. "Ugh." She waves him away and continues to lay there, dreading the return. Dusty merely snorts, out of some minor empathy from what little understanding it can glean about the source of Loreia's vexation. If I just stay out here for a little longer, they'll wonder where I've been. And when I return, they'll assume I was out hunting the whole time and simply had no luck finding anything.

...Still, she gives it one more go. Sensing her lack of cheer, Badger seems to wind down a bit as she gives him a piece of a deer pelt to sniff at before heading off. This time, they finally come across the deer they've been after since the event started. Loreia gives Badger a signal that they've practiced. In a flash, he lunges out at the cervid, closing his jaws around its leg to keep it from escaping. It begins to jerk and drag the pup while Loreia runs up and thrusts a spear toward its neck. After it lay still, after mewling its final breaths, she blinks away the moisture in her eyes. Why couldn't I have been an Archer?

After slinging the deer over her horse's rear, she takes a look around, then gently hugs Charity's neck and strokes her mane.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:41 am

Luecian had inquired upon arrival if Lord Marsten and Ser Kevan Lyras would be willing to join him in the hunt. He respected both men greatly and figured a show of unity between a green huntsman and two black nobles could only try to calm the tensions that had ever been increasing of late. It would be a small gesture but a gesture just the same.

The party first went after a stag as they practiced the strategies they would duplicate for the White Stag later in the day. Luecian stalked the best towards a given area with the two marsten knights following a bit behind with mounts in hand. In the end, the two knights approached the area slowly and partially concealed by their horses driving a resident stag out and into the line of sight of the now concealed archer.

Next Luecian tracked a boar and the companions ran it down with horses and hounds, till the exhausted yet fierce beast turned to fight. Luecian called the hounds back and Lord Marsten charged forward impaling the boar upon his spear and then savagely ripping it back out as the beast began his death throes.

The final hunt was the main attraction and they tracked what appeared to be a great stag based on its trail. The huntsman and his companions proceeded carefully following its trail cautiously. After what felt like forever in pursuit, Luecian believed they found where the Great Stag could be laying. Similiar to before the two nobles approached in partial concealment from their mounts and flushed the prey out into a hidden Luecian's line of sight. Luecian took a first shot that hit well placed and with good impact but followed with a second as the beast kept moving. The second arrow came in to finish the job and shortly the White Stag fell to his knees and death.

Survival(Hunt) Stag TN 15- Lord Marsten and Ser Kevan with planned assists: 6d6k5 17 +2=19
Survival(Hunt) TN 15 Boar-Lord Marsten and Ser Kevan with planned assists: 6d6k5 24 +2=26
Survival(Hunt) White Stag TN 18- Lord Marsten and Ser Kevan with planned assists:
6d6k5 20 +2=22

11 pts if White Stag is captured.

(added basic RP, will update post if greater roll is scored on the White Stag.)

Last edited by Luecian LongBow on Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Basic Story)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:38 pm

assists:

Last edited by Aerion Storm on Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:47 am

Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:14 am

Aerion Storm wrote:
assists:

[I could use an assist. I don't have a reliable enough shot at the grand prize, but boar I think I can manage.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:18 am

[Anyone else want in on this? It might be...problematic...to have it just be these two alone.]
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:25 am

Aerion Storm wrote:[Anyone else want in on this?  It might be...problematic...to have it just be these two alone.]

[If not, we can treat it scenically like being in a larger group. Narratively, it's before KL.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:26 am

Trelane and Jorah can assist there. nothing says chaperone like a member of the kingsguard

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:27 am

Unless he's standing outside, in the rain.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:39 am

then so are the squires

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:45 am

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:Trelane and Jorah can assist there. nothing says chaperone like a member of the kingsguard
[Works for me. Aerion will think of it as temporarily squiring for a member of the Kingsguard, then, ready to back him should they flush a boar...and the Lady Corrine (and Trelane, who I don't know yet) also coming along for a walk in the woods. Wink ]
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:54 am

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:
Aerion Storm wrote:
assists:

[I could use an assist. I don't have a reliable enough shot at the grand prize, but boar I think I can manage.]

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Do you want bastards? Because this is how you get bastards!

alien Twisted Evil
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:01 am

[*sputters IRL*

Buy hey! I'm about to crash for the night, but if someone wants to maybe make a thread for this big group of us going hunting -- especially since I just invited one more via PMs, a sworn sword to Lady Marsten, no less! -- that might be cool, and I promise I'll post to it when I get up.  As far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier, but that might be nicer of us than cluttering up this thread (maybe?  I'm still not sure on the forum etiquette for that sort of thing).]

Last edited by Aerion Storm on Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:02 am

Aerion Storm wrote:
Ser Jorah Holt wrote:Trelane and Jorah can assist there. nothing says chaperone like a member of the kingsguard
[Works for me.  Aerion will think of it as temporarily squiring for a member of the Kingsguard, then, ready to back him should they flush a boar...and the Lady Corrine (and Trelane, who I don't know yet) also coming along for a walk in the woods.  Wink ]

[Hah! Walk in the woods indeed! She's actually a pretty good archer and loves hunting! Laughing]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:48 am

[OOC:Quasi-placeholder, more of a note - if anyone wants to assist or be assisted, Baelon is available - though he will probably be hunting two-legged prey, depending on which NPCs are around.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:52 pm

[Trelane has ranks in Survival, I figured the squire would roll and you'd assist him? Baelon can help if you want to aim for deer.]
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:17 pm

Aerion mills about in the courtyard, eager to be on his way. He is accustomed to serving a notable knight -- Ser Harbert Baratheon is, by a great many accounts, the greatest of his generation! -- but never before has he worked with one in the white armor of the Kingsguard.

He carries a pair of boar spears, thick and strong. One was provided by House Coldbrook, of Northern make. He carried it for Ser Jorah, after having awoken before dawn to sharpen and oil it, to check and re-check how the head was socketed in sturdily, to make certain he wasn't going to hand a weapon he did not trust to a member of the Kingsguard. The other spear was no less broad and no less strong, but Aerion didn't have to give it much more than a cursory glance; it was his, gifted to him by Ser Harbert when he was newly squired, forged by a Storm's End smith, the wide-bladed spearhead moved from spear shaft to spear shaft over the years.

And so he waits. Eager as the boy he was ten years ago, ready to serve -- even just for the day -- the renowned Ser Jorah as well as he has served the renowned Ser Harbert. The Lady Marsten was joining them, Aerion had heard, and maybe some few others...but it was the hunt, alongside a white cloak, that had Storm eager to be off.
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:23 pm

Placeholder. Waiting for npc list I guess.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:36 pm

Aerion Storm wrote:Aerion mills about in the courtyard, eager to be on his way.  He is accustomed to serving a notable knight -- Ser Harbert Baratheon is, by a great many accounts, the greatest of his generation! -- but never before has he worked with one in the white armor of the Kingsguard.  

He carries a pair of boar spears, thick and strong.  One was provided by House Coldbrook, of Northern make.  He carried it for Ser Jorah, after having awoken before dawn to sharpen and oil it, to check and re-check how the head was socketed in sturdily, to make certain he wasn't going to hand a weapon he did not trust to a member of the Kingsguard.  The other spear was no less broad and no less strong, but Aerion didn't have to give it much more than a cursory glance;  it was his, gifted to him by Ser Harbert when he was newly squired, forged by a Storm's End smith, the wide-bladed spearhead moved from spear shaft to spear shaft over the years.

And so he waits.  Eager as the boy he was ten years ago, ready to serve -- even just for the day -- the renowned Ser Jorah as well as he has served the renowned Ser Harbert.  The Lady Marsten was joining them, Aerion had heard, and maybe some few others...but it was the hunt, alongside a white cloak, that had Storm eager to be off.

Before long, Corrine trots up to the group, astride Jory, her elegant gown swapped for riding leathers, her unique weirwood hunting bow slung over her shoulder.

"Good day," she greets them. "Ready?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:50 pm

Seven hells, but that's a gorgeous bow. He might be shocked at seeing a finely crafted piece of weirwood, but he might also be shocked at her carrying it. When he'd heard the lovely Lady Marsten was looking for companions to hunt with, he'd assumed she simply meant to go for a ride or a walk, enjoying the woods of the Coldbrook lands. Not...that she'd actually hunt.

She cuts quite a dashing figure, he thinks, before he means to.

Grinning up at her a little sheepishly, Aerion nods. He's got a heavy satchel slung, strap across his broad shoulders, a sturdy leather sack with food enough for four, perhaps five, to have a fine lunch. It hadn't just been steel that had kept him occupied early this morning, he'd been smiling, begging, and wheedling in the kitchens, as well, a stranger trying to convince them he had a noble lady and a Kingsguard knight to feed, at the very least.

"Aye, m'lady. Though I'm not sure how many more are joining us."
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:02 pm

Jorah and Trelane arrive on Argo and Trelane's palfrey, lightly armoured but carrying boar spears.
"The young princesses didn't feel like hunting today. "

ooc
guessing that the princesses have come with Jorah again, but will alter if not

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:15 pm

Aerion doesn't look crestfallen in the slightest that Ser Jorah has his own spear -- Better I had it and did not need it, than needed it and did not have it -- and leaves this one, so prepared and pored over, with a nearby page.

He swings a leg up and over his plain brown rounsey's back, and settles comfortable into Argella's saddle with a smile.

"Then I think we're ready to be off, Ser, my lady," the last bit with short nods, almost bows, to the both of them.
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:07 pm

Aerion Storm wrote:Aerion doesn't look crestfallen in the slightest that Ser Jorah has his own spear -- Better I had it and did not need it, than needed it and did not have it -- and leaves this one, so prepared and pored over, with a nearby page.

He swings a leg up and over his plain brown rounsey's back, and settles comfortable into Argella's saddle with a smile.

"Then I think we're ready to be off, Ser, my lady," the last bit with short nods, almost bows, to the both of them.

"Good. I take it by the spears you have boar on your mind today?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next