Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Contest]The Hunt

+8
Theomore Tullison
Ser Jorah Holt
Benedict Marsten
Aerion Storm
Luecian LongBow
Loreia
Lady Corrine Marsten
Daveth Coldbrook
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[Contest]The Hunt - Page 2 Empty Re: [Contest]The Hunt

Post by Jon Templeton Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:38 am

Waiting on list of NPCs before deciding.
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:35 pm

Ser Jorah and Trelane tapped the tips of their spears together.

“Well then, may the best hunter win.” Jorah said to Trelane, who nodded, a slightly smug smile on his face.
“Good day my lady,” he smiled sweetly at Corrine, “Squire. Enjoy your hunt.” He cantered off to the surprise of the other two. Jorah adjusted his spear on Argo before explaining to Corrine and Aerion.

“Trelane and I have a friendly wager; he wanted to match his hunting skills against your archery, especially after your success in Lord Bracken’s hunt. We are both hunting large game today.”

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:43 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:Ser Jorah and Trelane tapped the tips of their spears together.

“Well then, may the best hunter win.” Jorah said to Trelane, who nodded, a slightly smug smile on his face.
“Good day my lady,” he smiled sweetly at Corrine, “Squire. Enjoy your hunt.” He cantered off to the surprise of the other two. Jorah adjusted his spear on Argo before explaining to Corrine and Aerion.

“Trelane and I have a friendly wager; he wanted to match his hunting skills against your archery, especially after your success in Lord Bracken’s hunt. We are both hunting large game today.”

Corrine laughed lightly and gave them a knowing look.

"Aye, those furs keep my husband and I very warm indeed. So, what's the prize for the winner?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:39 pm

Her...success? Aerion casts an appraising look the Lady Marsten's way, fighting a smile at the bell-clear sound of her laughter.

He listens in as the Kingsguard explains, however, eager to assist in whatever way he can.
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:09 pm

If I win, then Trelane will be donating a few gold dragons and some time helping the poor in Kings Landing. If Trelane wins, we have to spend a week of sword training using those Bravoosi weapons he likes. Honestly, you would think that boy would prefer to train to be one of those Water Dancers.” Jorah laughed
“I hope your bow is feeling particularly accurate today. Trelane believes he has this bet in the bag as it were.”

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:34 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:If I win, then Trelane will be donating a few gold dragons and some time helping the poor in Kings Landing. If Trelane wins, we have to spend a week of sword training using those Bravoosi weapons he likes. Honestly, you would think that boy would prefer to train to be one of those Water Dancers.” Jorah laughed
“I hope your bow is feeling particularly accurate today. Trelane believes he has this bet in the bag as it were.”

"Well, I think I know which cause I'd rather back," Corrine grins at Jorah. "Sorry, Trelane. I'm feeling lucky today, and my bow feels true as ever. But I look forward to seeing your efforts. Shall we?"

She raised her arrowhead pendant to her lips, the shadowcat claws on either side of it clinking, and she kissed the smooth metal for luck.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:45 pm

Ser Jorah regarded Aerion, remembering him from Lord Drakeson's tournament

"Keeping some new company I see." He commented, looking around for Ben. Let's hope this one kept his eyes looking in the right direction otherwise Ben would be upto his old tricks. And some of the men here remembered the last time that happened and would be ready to intercede, perhaps a little more forcefully than necessary.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:52 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:Ser Jorah regarded Aerion, remembering him from Lord Drakeson's tournament

"Keeping some new company I see." He commented, looking around for Ben. Let's hope this one kept his eyes looking in the right direction otherwise Ben would be upto his old tricks. And some of the men here remembered the last time that happened and would be ready to intercede, perhaps a little more forcefully than necessary.

"Well, since Ben went off without me, and I learmed my lesson last year about hunting alone, I had to find other company," she replies, with a light-hearted eyeroll.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:06 pm

"I am here only to serve, Ser," Aerion says with a little nod, almost half-a-bow, his brown mare not missing a step.
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:38 pm

[From here on out in this thead, roleplay = description of rolls please! Smile]
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:08 am

[Once a DP is spent to substitute a skill, can additional DP be used either pre-roll or after to convert a bonus dice to a test dice or add 1B?]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:59 am

Aerion and his humble brown mare, Argella, trot off after the highborn lady and the knight in the white cloak.  He rides from one flank to the other, always letting the nobler members of his little party take the point in today's hunt, but always assisting them where he can with an extra set of eyes, the alert years of his horse, by loudly flushing game for the lady's bow, by providing Ser Jorah with an extra spear, or either of them with just some food -- or drink -- from what he'd acquired prior to their departure.  Like any good squire, his emphasis is on helping those he serves, rather than gaining much glory for himself.

Will/Coordinate roll, diff 9: 3d6 10

[I'll leave it to you to to figure out which of you is assisting the other one.  Smile  Our final Survival roller gets a +3 from Aerion]

[Edit:  Nix that.  Just take a +1, looks like]
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:31 am

[DP spent to replace Survival with Marksmanship.

Marksmanship (Bows) TN15: 4d6k3+2 14

+1 for Superior bow.

Total = 15

It took a long time to find the right tracks, and they trio had a number of false starts, but eventually, they found a bristly wild boar, and pursued it deep into the woods. Corrine shot at it from a distance during the chase, keeping up surprisingly well, wearing the animal down with arrow-shots to its flanks and neck, allowing Ser Jorah and Aerion to charge in with their spears and skewer it.

Corrine surprised Aerion again by quickly gutting the boar to ready it for transportation, showing a familiarity with the process not generally expected of highborn ladies.

"Well done, both of you! This is a fine catch! Thank you for letting me join you. I missed hunting large prey."

Last edited by Lady Corrine Marsten on Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:37 am

[Blood of the Andals is very specific in that I can only use it on a test I've made, so I think I'm all out of ideas, on my end. Sorry.]
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:21 pm

(Corrine, is your Bow ruled as a superior weapon? I interpret as one given the uniqueness but assuming so it should give a +1 bonus on all marksmanship rolls)

Last edited by Luecian LongBow on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:31 pm

Trelane is completely separate, hence the bet, so Jorah offers you a +1

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:53 pm

[Marksmanship is used as substitution for Hunt, therefore not a martial roll, because Hunt action isn't combat. I would say no to +1, sorry.]
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:55 pm

Luecian LongBow wrote:(Corrine, is your Bow ruled as a superior weapon? I interpret as one given the uniqueness but assuming so it should give a +1 bonus on all marksmanship rolls)

[It is indeed Superior! I hadn't thought of that! Perfect! That gets us to 15.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:01 pm

trelane will hunt when he knows whom he is hunting with, once we have a full list

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2