Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D4, EA] Honoring a Request (Closed-ish)

2 posters

Go down

[D4, EA] Honoring a Request (Closed-ish) Empty [D4, EA] Honoring a Request (Closed-ish)

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat May 09, 2015 5:14 pm

Ben stands near the tower absently plucking at the ivy growing over its surface. He is dressed in his armor as his first tilt is coming shortly. He pulls at his chest piece slightly, trying to feel more comfortable. He tries to remain calm but his heart is beating with great speed. Ellie thought she enjoyed the gift, but maybe it was inappropriate.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D4, EA] Honoring a Request (Closed-ish) Empty Re: [D4, EA] Honoring a Request (Closed-ish)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat May 09, 2015 5:24 pm

Corrine comes gliding round the corner, and sighs with relief to see Ben, as she was starting to think she had misunderstood Ellie's message and gotten herself lost. Her demure black dress made her look somewhat mournful, but elegant nonetheless. She approaches him with a warm smile that somewhat abates the nip in the air.

"
Ben! Found at last! I was starting to think I was lost!"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D4, EA] Honoring a Request (Closed-ish) Empty Re: [D4, EA] Honoring a Request (Closed-ish)

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat May 09, 2015 5:42 pm

His huge smile stretches across his face. "
I am sorry for the remote location. I figured there would be less chance for ... intrusion."
He takes stock of her dress noting its possible significance. "
Is there a moment you are not radiant, my lady?"
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat May 09, 2015 5:49 pm

She bounces a little on the balls of her feet in a bashful curtsey.

"
Thank you, Ben. You are too kind. You look rather dashing yourself today. How are you feeling about the joust? Raring to go?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat May 09, 2015 6:07 pm

He bows back to her curtsy. Laughing off her dashing comment. "
The joust ... yes. This is the largest tourney I have ever participated in. Raring I am not. Hesitant maybe. But at least I looked good at the feast last night."
He winks. "
As did you. Very graceful on your feet. A good skill for a hunter."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat May 09, 2015 6:41 pm

She grins, letting out a small giggle at the shared secret.

"
Thank you. I am sorry I did not have the time to give you a dance. Perhaps there will be another opportunity in the future."

She steps closer, looking shyly up into his eyes;

"
Your gift and note were lovely. Very thoughtful. Thank you. I also have a gift for you."

She takes his hand, and places a small, soft object into his palm. It is a lock of her hair, neatly braided, woven with a piece of plum-coloured ribbon - the same as she wore in her hair to the feast, he notices, and sewn at both ends into a small strip of dark blue wool, emblazoned on the back with the Marsten silver lightning bolt.

"
For good luck, and... as a token of my affection."

Last edited by 151 on Sun May 10, 2015 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat May 09, 2015 7:46 pm

"
Do not fret the dance, along with singing it is not my specialty. Besides I would not have wanted to cause trouble for you."
His eyes follow her steps and then stare back into hers a crooked grin on his face. "
It was easy when my every thought was of you."
He looks surprised at her offer of a gift. As her hand touches his he flinches slightly. Once he understands the gift he stands in awe. His mouth ajar. His eyes staring at the most precious gift.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat May 09, 2015 7:55 pm

Her weariness, her anxieties, her anger and sadness about Athelstan's fate, they all seemed to fade when Ben smiled down at her. All her fear, anger, hurt and fatigue were still there, but Ben's gentle presence made her feel like she would not be that way forever. He felt like hope.

Mayhaps the trial was more than just Athelstan's judgement. Could the Gods be telling me he's not who I should be with? I cannot marry an unrighteous man, and he is proven so now. He gave up on you. A good and righteous man stands before you right now, Corrine. You asked for the Crone to light your path. Open your eyes!

Compelled by her revelation, she craned up and kissed his cheek while he still was staring in surprise at her favour.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat May 09, 2015 8:14 pm

Ben catches her free hand with his own. Holding it affectionately. His other clutching the favor. His eyes light up and his smile widens. "
Surely Ellie must have prayed very hard at the sept this morning."
He chuckles. "
This will ease my worries in the joust and fill me with joy from this day forward until my end. Thank you."
Can this be real. Of course, it will go no farther. Isobel will see to that.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat May 09, 2015 8:30 pm

Corrine beams with joy, and strokes the back of the hand she holds with her thumb.

"
Well, about the rest of your days, Ben..."

She glances around for a moment, to ensure they are alone.

Once you say it, it can't be unsaid. Don't make the same mistake as before.

She takes a deep breath, and chooses to move on from her sadness, stand by the Gods' judgement, and be brave.

"
How would you feel about... about... oh Gods above, Corrine! Spit it out!"

She lets out a little nervous laugh, frustrated at her dithering.

"
Ben, I have great affection for you, and you are possibly the kindest, bravest man I know. You value me as my own person more than any other. Would you want my hand, if I offered it? Would you become a Marsten and be my Lord Protector? My husband?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat May 09, 2015 9:07 pm

He looks at her with playfulness in his eyes at her stammering. By the Gods is adorable. Bens eyes go wide once her words come out finally. "
My lady surely you jest. I am ... your mother would...how? Yes I would endure all in my life again to bring me to this place at this moment with you, but I believe we would be ... hindered by society."
He scrutinizes her expression. "
Are you sure this is what you desire?"
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat May 09, 2015 9:23 pm

"
I was not sure until very recently, and deciding has been a difficult &
painful process. But, I have given it much thought, heard advice, and reminded myself that I can be the master of my own destiny. Mother will almost certainly have a fit, but I must choose what I believe is right, and I believe my best chance at happiness lies with you. If Lord Dunstan will allow you to join my House, we can be married as soon as it can be arranged."

She held his hand firmly, her expression hopeful, then determined;

"
To the Seven Hells with society."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat May 09, 2015 11:50 pm

His silence and stillness hung for what felt like minute, but was merely seconds. He released her hand. Grabbing her waist and pulling her into him. Dear gods don't let me muck this up. He let nature take over as his lips found hers.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun May 10, 2015 12:05 am

She let out a little squeak of surprise as he pulled her close suddenly and kissed her, but it made her heart flutter and she returned the kiss, sliding her arms around his shoulders.

It was different from the times Athelstan had kissed her. His kiss was ferocious and hungry, and each time threatened to consume her with its fire. Ben's kiss was gentler, tender, though no less adoring for it. It was like nothing else existed in that moment but she and him.

She had no idea how long it lingered for, but slowly letting it come to its own end felt like waking from a long, satisfying dream. She realised she was blushing, and grinning, and when she looked at his face, her eyes were bright and lively.

"
Shall I take that as a yes?"
she asked playfully.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun May 10, 2015 12:35 am

His grin matched hers. His hand on her low back still, trembling slightly. "
I could not refuse you."
He surveys her face, drinking in her features. Then comes back to the here and now. "
Where do we begin?"
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun May 10, 2015 12:49 am

She sighs happily;

"
Well, I will have to tell mother, perhaps alone first, so you don't catch the brunt of her reaction if it is truly bad. You will have to seek Lord Dunstan's leave, as you are his sworn sword, and becoming a Marsten will affect that. We should do those things, then meet again with various people to make the arrangements."

She looks troubled a moment;

"
There is a chance that my mother will try to stop us. If that happens, I swear I will keep her from meddling in any way I can. Whatever it takes, I want to be with you, Ben."

Last edited by 151 on Sun May 10, 2015 6:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun May 10, 2015 1:12 am

Concern creeps onto his face. "
If you think it best I not be there, but I would prefer not to let you take any negative reaction by yourself."
His smile returns with cheer. "
Dunstan is a good man and understanding. Lets hope Isobel can be reasoned with."
He shakes his head still in amazement. "
I guess staying on my horse is the least of my worries for today."
He chuckles again giving her that crooked grin.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun May 10, 2015 1:34 am

She smiled at him warmly.

"
How about we three speak with her then. You, Dunstan, and I. Perhaps his charm and authority might help soften the blow, and ensure she takes us seriously. I had thought to do it alone to protect you, but I think you may have a point that there may be strength in numbers, within reason. I would certainly not say no to you being by my side. Speak to Dunstan today, then, if you can, both of you come to the Marsten pavilion tomorrow, and we'll break the news to mother."

She gets a mischievous look in her eye;

"
Or we could just go straight to the Sept this evening and get the Septon to conduct a ceremony there and then!"

Last edited by 151 on Sun May 10, 2015 2:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun May 10, 2015 2:10 am

He was glad that she had accepted his help and was visibly relieved. "
I will speak to Dunstan as soon as I am able."
His face takes a surprised look as if something just came to him. "
Should we tell Ellie right away? Or wait till things are smoothed out if possible. I believe she may be as happy I am. You have made quite the impression on her."

At Corrine's mention of running off Ben seems to tense. His heart rate increasing. "
I would leave now for the sept, but perhaps that should be plan B. Your mother may be the woman she is but she is still your mother and surely loves you. I would at least see her given the chance to accept her daughters happiness and see her wed. Robb her of that and resentment will all ways be present."
He sighs. "
But let us think on it for the remainder of the day. Weigh our facts and options. The septon will be there when and if we need him."
He takes her hand again and squeezes it gently. Hoping he had not disappointed her with his precaution.

Last edited by 113 on Sun May 10, 2015 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun May 10, 2015 2:22 am

The wicked look vanishes, but she nods in understanding.

"
You are right. I'm letting myself get carried away. We shall give her a chance to accept it first."

"
I'm not sure about Ellie. I do feel very excited to tell her straight away, but I'm concerned about if my mother makes it difficult for us. I don't want Ellie to go through the distress of that. I'm very fond of her. I think she might pick up on our elevated moods though, and she will badger you until you confess."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun May 10, 2015 4:34 pm

He exhaled a breath he did not know he was holding. This time he is the one with the mischievous grin. "
Part of me was hoping you would talk me into rushing off. Dam my sensibility."

"
As for Ellie you may be right she will make me talk. She is good at that. I may not speak with her till after the joust."
He looks at her with puzzled look.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun May 10, 2015 6:59 pm

"
I wouldn't take you away from your chance at glory in the joust, Ser,"
she replied, her formal address deliberately playful.

"
I should let you go for now. You have foes to conquer. May the Gods smile on you, Ben. I will cheer for you."

She gave him a small, chaste kiss on the lips.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm

His smile at her playfulness is blanketed by Corrine's lips for a brief moment. "
Yes. Foes. Joust."
He stammers.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun May 10, 2015 7:55 pm

She laughs a little at his bewilderment.

"
Right, I shall leave now, before you lose any more of your mental faculties. Ride well, Ben."

She gives his hand a squeeze, making him conscious again of the gift in his palm, then sweeps away, a distinct spring in her step.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun May 10, 2015 8:29 pm

He looks down to his cherished gift and then to watch Corrine go watching till she was out of view. It seemed to be becoming a habit watching her go. Not so bad a habit as long as it always involved her returning. He turned the braid over in his hand and then brought it to his lips. Then realizing he was short on time he broke into a jog for the tourney grounds. Pudgy better have Rose ready.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down