Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Athelstan - Iron mines

+12
Gwyneth Drakeson
Lady Corrine Marsten
Baelon Drakeson
Loreia
Nathaniel Mason
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Jorah Holt
Athelstan
Septon Arlyn
Theomore Tullison
Luecian LongBow
Reader
16 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Athelstan - Iron mines - Page 2 Empty Re: Athelstan - Iron mines

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:47 pm

I don't really see how Athelstan dying is a done deal unless Baelon orders him executed on the spot?
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:50 pm

Well. I certainly don't understand the nuances of the situation without all the information, but I do understand authority.

House Marsten is the head of this investigation, and Lady Corrine is the head of House Marsten.

While she did not directly order Baelon to stand down, her wishes were pretty clear and Baelon pretty well ignored her throughout.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:54 pm

You could still keep your character. Let the archers cripple you, and then you can go to the Wall. During the offseason, you can get promoted to ranger and become one of those wandering Crows who recruit people! We talked about this way back, how the Night's Watch might have a PC presence in this campaign, and Reader seemed to have an idea how.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:59 pm

There is no crippling Baelon intends to kill Athelstan as shown IC regardless, and making political turmoil.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:05 pm

Please stop saying I intend to kill you, I don't and never have. In fact, I hereby declare that no Drakeson blade or arrow will draw Athelston's blood. Should he attack, I will smash his axe and have him subdued.
If he runs, I will have the bloodriders surround him. I don;
t want Athelstan to die or to be crippled - I want his damn information - ALL of it, not just the piddly bits he's said IC.

If you want death, admit your crimes and convince Corrine (or whomever else) to execute you. Or go jump off a cliff. I don't care.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:18 pm

The axe is castle forged and should I attack first, well things can go different, it would take you 2 turns to break that axe.

Edit: Maybe one very lucky roll could.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:54 pm

Castle forged wood handle? Might be tougher than normal wood, but I snapped an iron chain in one hit... I'm not worried.

Edit: also, I think a strong argument could be made that Baelon was prepared to counter attack.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:57 pm

Could be iron wood, RAW does not support that, I think as per smashing weapons so Im not worried lol. Yet if it is added that you can do that, is another thing.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:04 pm

Athelstan, you're totally missing thd point of what Baelon said. It's not about the ace. He's making it clear he would find ways to disarm or restrain you, specifically to avoid killing you. Therefore, you ought to stop insisting that his intention is to kill.

Nathaniel Mason wrote:Well. I certainly don't understand the nuances of the situation without all the information, but I do understand authority.

House Marsten is the head of this investigation, and Lady Corrine is the head of House Marsten.

While she did not directly order Baelon to stand down, her wishes were pretty clear and Baelon pretty well ignored her throughout.

I should have been more forceful and used my authority, yes. I'm annoyed that I didn't think of that now. I doubt either party would have stood down anyway, though Nathan did ask the very relevant question of whether they'd have listened if Corrine were a man.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:07 pm

Actually, Reader, once the topic is unlocked, may I edit my last post there to have Corrine order them to stand down? I'm OOC ok with them still not listening, as long as I can follow that up afterwards.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:16 pm

Well, I sort of found it consistent with Corrie's character that she acted as she did. And consistent with Baelon's character not to listen.

At any rate, this is Westeros, the only certainty is that it ain't over till the headsman swings.

Headsman in this case could be sword or arrow in a combat situation.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:19 pm

I wasnt arguing about that point that you think I missed, just that its a castle forged weapon, he has a better choice using disarm instead since the TN is 18 not 12, and you cant per RAW target specifict parts of the weapon like he said unless.I missed it or it is added, period. Never said his ontenrion are otherwise, of course IC we shall see

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:26 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:Well, I sort of found it consistent with Corrie's character that she acted as she did. And consistent with Baelon's character not to listen.

I can see where you're coming from, but the thing is, Corrine wouldn't let someone walk all over her indefinitely. Baelon will already be in trouble with her for ignoring her clear requests to stop. She may be cautious about exerting her authority, but she still holds that authority, and after she's been ignored a few times, she would transition to anger. After all, would she still be ignored if she was a man? I think not, ICly. However, I feel there's a lot of OOC stubbornness interfering with the IC proceedings.

Athelstan wrote:I wasnt arguing about that point that you think I missed, just that its a castle forged weapon, he has a better choice using disarm instead since the TN is 18 not 12, and you cant per RAW target specifict parts of the weapon like he said unless.I missed it or it is added, period. Never said his ontenrion are otherwise, of course IC we shall see

Athelstan, you've just proved how you missed the point. The weapons are irrelevant.

Seriously, both of you, look at yourselves right now. You're comparing weapons. Rolling Eyes
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:31 pm

Because there is nothing to comment on the rest of it l, that part just stand out, so I made a comment on that, dont know how that is s problem other then I should take it to the mechanics thread.

Maybe you are just reading to much into it now?

Edit:some typos, doubt I got the 4ll

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:38 pm

Well, it kinda looks like a situation where Baelon is not going to hurt Athelstan, and Athelstan isn't going to tell Baelon the things he threatens to kill him if he doesn't tell him....no?
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:39 pm

Uuuuurgh. Forget it. Do what you want. I don't have the energy for this. Athelstan, you've done some great rp in the past, and I'm sure you're not a bad person, but you're acting like a stroppy child right now. Please deal with that.

Athelstan - Iron mines - Page 2 Rollaway.gif

(By the way, Ralph is just rolling down a hill. He's fine.)

Last edited by 151 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:40 pm

Correct, OOC I own my mischief, but if Im just a suspect IC why would I admit it lol, he never will, no hard evidence.

Edit: Dont want to be guess we are just not understanding each other.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:44 pm

Athelstan wrote:Correct, OOC I own my mischief, but if Im just a suspect IC why would I admit it lol, he never will, no hard evidence.

Edit: Dont want to be guess we are just not understanding each other.

Well, in that case, he has nothing to worry about?

Unless Baelon thinks it's a good idea to execute him on the spot, that is.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:47 pm

This is also the sort of situation where I would advise those involved in that scene to simply put it out of your heads, have a good night's sleep, then try to make sense of what's really going on with a clear head.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:03 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:
Theomore Tullison wrote:
Personally, may I suggest that an IC course of action out of this might be Corrine stepping in and demanding that Athelstan is taken into her custody? Because we're in a bit of awkward OOC situation currently.

I am very much in favour of this, and will act on it once the thread is unlocked.

I picked the wrong time to fall asleep. Evil or Very Mad

Sold on this if Baelon and Athelstan are, but last time I checked Athelstan was committed to going for his axe. He can surrender to Corrine's custody.

Imprisonment is reasonable, but we may well still need a replacement character and Athelstan is still free to attack and try to force the issue.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:07 pm

Reader wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:
Theomore Tullison wrote:
Personally, may I suggest that an IC course of action out of this might be Corrine stepping in and demanding that Athelstan is taken into her custody? Because we're in a bit of awkward OOC situation currently.

I am very much in favour of this, and will act on it once the thread is unlocked.

I picked the wrong time to fall asleep. Evil or Very Mad

Sold on this if Baelon and Athelstan are, but last time I checked Athelstan was committed to going for his axe. He can surrender to Corrine's custody.

Imprisonment is reasonable, but we may well still need a replacement character and Athelstan is still free to attack and try to force the issue.

That's reasonable. OOC, I don't mind if they still ignore her. Maybe she tries to interpose herself between them and order them to stop, but Ser Markus sees Athelstan go for his axe and pulls Corrine away before she gets caught in the crossfire?
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:09 pm

I say it OOC I own my miss givings, IC no, unless it's more than suspicions.

So I die before I go prisoner and that's that, I won't admit IC to anything and will be in custody over what crime? No proof. Just suspicion.

He is already pulling her away Corrine.

Unless custody would be a "
protection sham"
to placate people, Athelstan is not going to roll with accepting something no one can probe it, no matte how much they blame him.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:10 pm

It's pretty routine to take suspects into custody even in today's comparatively suspect-friendly climate.

You wouldn't be in shackles or anything. Just guarded to make sure you didn't try anything funny while the evidence is being weighed.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:14 pm

Totally fine as a decision, Athelstan won't be caged again! Now just need to sort out with Baelon how he and his men handle things. Smile

Halfway through! Corrine - will allow you to order them to cease: 15 words maximum as Athelstan goes for his axe, forcing Baelon's hand. Suicide by cataphracts? :;
):
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:18 pm

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:It's pretty routine to take suspects into custody even in today's comparatively suspect-friendly climate.

You wouldn't be in shackles or anything. Just guarded to make sure you didn't try anything funny while the evidence is being weighed.

Sorry IC this is not the case, I'm under death threat regardless, so I'm not about act nice either.

Until I am satisfied that I have learned everything he knows - about his own and others' misdeeds.

This means you are guilty and I will kill you if I'm not satisfied = to admit it or die anyway in my book IC.

So don't play the into custody, it was never the intention IC (Edit: in Athelstans perspective)

Last edited by 149 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next