Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Athelstan - Iron mines

+12
Gwyneth Drakeson
Lady Corrine Marsten
Baelon Drakeson
Loreia
Nathaniel Mason
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Jorah Holt
Athelstan
Septon Arlyn
Theomore Tullison
Luecian LongBow
Reader
16 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Athelstan - Iron mines - Page 3 Empty Re: Athelstan - Iron mines

Post by Reader Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:24 pm

Athelstan is entitled to go down swinging, will just try to clear up a few things with Baelon first. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:32 pm

well, you didn't link that, Athelstan...but from memory, Baelon said he would keep you penned in until you spilled? Though IC, it very much seems as if he will kill you if you do not comply.

But what Baelon intends to do may well conflict with what other PC's has in mind, so I am not sure how much I'd read into it.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:37 pm

Athelstan wrote:
He is already pulling her away Corrine.

I am controlling both Corrine and Ser Markus, and I've been given permission to edit my post. Even without those facts, Corrine is capable of moving away from Ser Markus. It's not like he's holding onto her or anything. Butt out of my stuff that doesn't affect you. You're making me really annoyed, and I get enough stress IRL without having to be stressed in my escapism.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:43 pm

Might I add, that behind all of this, we are trying to create an engaging and fun story for all. The question the becomes, which one is the more scenic, dramatic, interpretation of the events no? Corrine yelling at the others to stop just as the arrows are let loss? Athelstan Wounded severely, maybe he won't make it maybe he will, conflicts of interest abound. I ask, which way can these convoluted events be turned towards the pursuit of greater player agency.

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:46 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:
Athelstan wrote:

I am controlling both Corrine and Ser Markus, and I've been given permission to edit my post. Even without those facts, Corrine is capable of moving away from Ser Markus. It's not like he's holding onto her or anything. Butt out of my stuff that doesn't affect you. You're making me really annoyed, and I get enough stress IRL without having to be stressed in my escapism.

My apologies, but it does concern my character after all we are in the same scene, but I won't say anything anymore at all, let things get resolved to avoid stressing you. My apologies.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:09 pm

Athelstan wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:
Athelstan wrote:

My apologies, but it does concern my character after all we are in the same scene, but I won't say anything anymore at all, let things get resolved to avoid stressing you. My apologies.

We may be in the same scene, but if Athelstan is going to die anyway, it doesn't matter what I make Corrine or Ser Markus do. It was just pointless nitpicking.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:04 pm

Come join the Tullisons if you die! We have ... uh, iron, I guess.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:27 pm

Tullison's have 2 players, only Longshore and Kytley have 1 player and Kytley may be a MIA player at that?

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:30 pm

Athelstan wrote:Tullison's have 2 players, only Longshore and Kytley have 1 player and Kytley may be a MIA player at that?
You should play whatever you wish, if it comes to being one Longshore he may simply dissapear out into the sunset.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:43 pm

I have one question though, Why didn't Athelstan burn 1 DP to remain alive?
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:44 pm

Ser Raynald Dulver wrote:I have one question though, Why didn't Athelstan burn 1 DP to remain alive?

He's out of DP.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:49 pm

Reader wrote:
Ser Raynald Dulver wrote:I have one question though, Why didn't Athelstan burn 1 DP to remain alive?

He's out of DP.

But that doesn't mean he can't have a new Drawback just to gain a DP. In fact that's how we handle these situations in my tabletop campaign. One of my players was without DP and had been imprisoned by other PCs. He killed one NPC very dear to a player (his brother) and the player wanted to kill him. So the prisoner asked me if he could take Maimed (representing the beating and torturing, plus the loss of his right hand) to gain a DP and burn it imediatelly do determine that the players would throw him in the river thinking he is dead. Thus, he survived unknownly to the other players (it was an epic end of session and, truth be told, his nemesis knew and accepted because he didn't want to burn a DP himself to cancel the other PC action). I gave him another character for him to play for two sessions and then his maimed character returned when it was opportune for the game. It was very fun.
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:50 pm

Ser Raynald Dulver wrote:
Reader wrote:

He's out of DP.

But that doesn't mean he can't have a new Drawback just to gain a DP. In fact that's how we handle these situations in my tabletop campaign. One of my players was without DP and had been imprisoned by other PCs. He killed one NPC very dear to a player (his brother) and the player wanted to kill him. So the prisoner asked me if he could take Maimed (representing the beating and torturing, plus the loss of his right hand) to gain a DP and burn it imediatelly do determine that the players would throw him in the river thinking he is dead. Thus, he survived unknownly to the other players (it was an epic end of session). I gave him another character for him to play for two sessions and then his maimed character returned when it was opportune for the game. It was very fun.
Sounds like a great session!

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:52 pm

Thank you buddy, my campaign is indeed something nice to be part of. Sad that real life problems are always a burden and we play too little in my opinion. Of course, there are moments we can speed things up and play three times in a row during a month, but the game is halted by almost 30 days now because we simply can't coordinate schedules. =/ getting old sucks.
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:00 pm

Know your pain! No matter how much time you try to make for it other things just gets in the way. Sadly it takes a lot less preparation to just go out for dinner somewhere Sad

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:05 pm

Yes, specially because me and my friends are all in the later 20s, so one is married, the other produced a son (and now a daughter, heh), the other has his own business so is very difficult for him to maintain an schedule as he's always working, so it's tough.

But to the topic, when we decided that every player could consciously gain new Drawbacks in any moment, everything became much easier to handle. Of course, all PCs have a lot of Drawbacks, and some Drawbacks are houseruled (variations from existing drawbacks, like one player who basically has a Milk of the Poppy version of Bound to the Bottle), but it certainly helped the characters to prolong their lives at least 3 times.

I think every single one of them have Drawbacks earned in conflict by others. So PC 1 has horrible nightmares (Haunted) caused by losing his brother (and his family) to the PC 3, he watched PC 3 killing them. PC 2, who had Attractive and was the best one around in Persuasion, has now a big nice scar crossing his face, resulted in a duel against PC 1. He lost Attractive and regained his initial DP. PC 3 lost his hand to PC 1 (Maimed). PC 4 was involved in so many battles and suffered so many injuries and wounds over time he became addicted to Milk of the Poppy (Bound to the Bottle variation). PC 5 left the game but he lost one eye by torture against an NPC and earned a Flaw in Awareness (he is the one who is a daddy now).
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:12 pm

My suggestion to Athelstan would be taking as many Drawbacks as necessary to keep his character alive. I mean, if Baelor REALLY wants the PC dead then he will burn one DP at most. My suggestions is to take one or more of any of these: Nemesis (Baelor), Threatening or Furious (the traumatic experience of near death makes you irrational and violent to most situations), Sickly (to show how your body suffered the trauma), Inept (to represent the wounds didn't healed properly and you're more clumsy for it), Flaw (anyone really), Haunted (by the trauma), Fear or Craven (you could develop a phobia from Baelor or anything like that), and of course, Maimed and Marked.

You could also LOST one or more Benefits. IMHO that equals gaining a Drawback, but this is Reader decision.

I believe there is no reason to die unless you want to, really.

Last edited by 187 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:15 pm

Ser Raynald Dulver wrote:My suggestion to Athelstan would be taking as many Drawbacks as necessary to keep his character alive. I mean, if Baelor REALLY wants the PC dead then he will burn one DP at most. My suggestions is to take one or more of any of these: Nemesis (Baelor), Threatening or Furious (the traumatic experience of near death makes you irrational and violent to most situations), Sickly (to show how your body suffered the trauma), Inept (to represent the wounds didn't healed properly and you're more clumsy for it), Flaw (anyone really), Haunted (by the trauma), Fear or Craven (you could develop a phobia from Baelor or anything like that), and of course, Maimed and Marked.

I believe there is no reason to die unless you want to, really.

He says he wants to. *shrug*
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:16 pm

He's been offered all the options to not die, or even to not be attacked. He's pretty adamant on that point. So that's that. His character, his choice. I'll say no more about it.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:34 pm

The options I recall is be caged or worse until I admit somenthing Im only SUSPECT of, which I wont. Athelstan undrr death threat interrogation was not going to work. IC he rather day then confess.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:38 pm

Athelstan wrote:The options I recall is be caged or worse until I admit somenthing Im only SUSPECT of, which I wont. Athelstan undrr death threat interrogation was not going to work. IC he rather day then confess.
What could happen is either a simple, they shoot you, think that you are dead and in old fashioned Ironborn way we throw you in a river, to wash up, miracuously alive. Or we could do some Thoros of Myr thingies Twisted Evil

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:40 pm

No DP.

I just dont see whats so hard. He is ar swird/arrow point and he has to say what Baelon wants or die, and he wont confess to a crime he is only SUSPICIOUS of.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:41 pm

I already made a few suggestions of Drawbacks that you could take just so you can use the earned DPs to survive.
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:42 pm

No one's demanding he confess. The demand is to stand down and answer questions.

The only one who's decided how this will end already is you.

Unfortunately, that's all it takes.

Raynald, the DP isn't what's at issue here. The reality is he doesn't need to spend a DP to survive. He's walking into this with clear eyes, and making the choice he feels suits his character.

Last edited by 127 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:42 pm

I live, they find me I die again lol

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content