Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting grounds (OOC help to arrange IC meetings)

+33
Jon Templeton
Darron Greyjoy
Ser Alfred Haigh
Ereth Redwain
Davain Bartheld
Marq Mooton
Samurel Manderly
Ser Walton Dulver
Luecian LongBow
Derrock Swann
Maester Colton
Reader
Septon Arlyn
Dyana Marsten
Jon Cobb
Ser Fendrel Bartheld
Daveth Coldbrook
Kevan Lyras
Leifnarr Longshore
Garret Snow
Baelon Drakeson
Lady Corrine Marsten
Athelstan
Tristain Croson
Colin Corbray
Ser Jorah Holt
Benedict Marsten
Nathaniel Mason
Loreia
Gwyneth Drakeson
Theomore Tullison
Dunstan Tullison
Yoren longshore
37 posters

Page 11 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next

Go down

Meeting grounds (OOC help to arrange IC meetings) - Page 11 Empty Re: Meeting grounds (OOC help to arrange IC meetings)

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri May 29, 2015 3:05 pm

Still most bartheld party slots open for funstuff.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Meeting grounds (OOC help to arrange IC meetings) - Page 11 Empty Re: Meeting grounds (OOC help to arrange IC meetings)

Post by Loreia Fri May 29, 2015 4:15 pm

Is no one interested in visiting the commoner arrangements for the Bartheld party? So far it's just me, Yoren, and Arlyn participating. Feels lonely, nobody wants to convince my character pig out Sad . I removed the disposition for my TN! Very Happy Characters I don't like, you get a free pass to hide behind your masks without fear of an Awareness roll when testing Persuasion against me for that.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri May 29, 2015 4:32 pm

Jorah is there as well

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat May 30, 2015 11:39 am

septon arlyn is available to talk to people for the next few hours
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:24 pm

Jorah can always meet with Athelstan if he wants as they've not really met yet

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:57 pm

That is fine Ser Jorah, sounds like fun.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:14 pm

Oh, jeebus, combat in online format is slow... I never thought about that, but it seems like a cluster Rolling Eyes
it's a statement of how good you all are that you manage this, my IRL group have batllemap and figures and everything qnd combat in this system still takes ages.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:49 am

Hey if anyone is available Septon Arlyn is available to chat for the next couple of hours
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:40 pm

Anyone who wants anything with me, now's a good time. I should be crazy active for the next three hours and a half or so.

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:05 pm

Dyana Marsten wrote:Anyone who wants anything with me, now's a good time. I should be crazy active for the next three hours and a half or so.

It's gossipping time. :;
):
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:51 am

Also Septon Arlyn has a gift for Lady Corrine and Ser Benedict. It might cause some controversy depending on how religious Ser Benedict is Twisted Evil Also he would probably present it in front of Lady Isobel as well to really get the dramatic juices going
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:13 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:Also Septon Arlyn has a gift for Lady Corrine and Ser Benedict. It might cause some controversy depending on how religious Ser Benedict is Twisted Evil Also he would probably present it in front of Lady Isobel as well to really get the dramatic juices going

Ooh! Exciting! I'm sure Ben's player will find this exciting too! When would you like to do it? I have slots free on D7, so could do EE or EN (EM is probably too far behind at this point). Or, we can do D8, which I have pretty much wide open, and would, I think, be more practical. It would likely be easier to co-ordinate if we went for D8.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:06 pm

D7 I have ME,LE. D8 is open except melee of course.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:37 pm

Yeah let's shoot for d8. I have that wide open as well
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:49 pm

Eeeexcellent. Drop Reader a PM to see when would be a good time to get Isobel in on it too.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:26 pm

Anyone feeling up to partake in some proper scheming?

All these love triangles involving Marsten women are getting a bit too much like the sort of movies I refuse to watch so that I at least don't know what's going to happen should a girl I'm interested in happen to be interesting in watching those.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:34 pm

Theo: I might be in for something if you have any ideas for my involvment (other than being the one burned by it :;
): )

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:42 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:Anyone feeling up to partake in some proper scheming?

All these love triangles involving Marsten women are getting a bit too much like the sort of movies I refuse to watch so that I at least don't know what's going to happen should a girl I'm interested in happen to be interesting in watching those.
At least I stick longswords into the men in my triangle. That's original, I think.

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:02 am

At 1.40

http://www.awesomeannie.com/renee-walke ... ack-bauer/

Of course, 24 is not exactly a romantic comedy.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:08 am

Kevan Lyras wrote:Theo: I might be in for something if you have any ideas for my involvment (other than being the one burned by it :;
): )

Well, Theo is looking for someone to step forward to do trial by combat against the Furious Frey. Preferably someone having a mind to put a rather decisive and permanent end to his wicked ways. And Kevan's name did pop up in one of his conversations.

Last edited by 109 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:09 am

Not a longsword.

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:11 am

Frankly, at this point Jon's feeling a little put upon. Sad

Not sure what he's done to deserve all the hate and suspicion he's getting, but I suppose I could work in a future plot point to burn House Marsten and all its pansy lackeys to the ground... Sad

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:12 am

To be honest, I attacking you had less to do with you and more to do with Baelon. But that's other motives.

And I wouldn't attack you weren't we in a melee, with you right by my side. But sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do.

Would it help if I said I'm sowy? ;
-;

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:27 am

Dyana Marsten wrote:To be honest, I attacking you had less to do with you and more to do with Baelon. But that's other motives.
Nice to know Dyana doesn't have any lingering sentiment for Jonny-boy then... Embarassed

Dyana Marsten wrote:And I wouldn't attack you weren't we in a melee, with you right by my side. But sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do.
I see this "
we gotta do what we gotta do"
attitude alot on various RPG forums, and it gets on my nerves, since it's usually an excuse someone pulls when they know that they're doing or about to do something that could tick another player off. Nothing prevented you from attacking one of the NCs, since there is no mechanical penalty for not going straight for the nearest opponent. And rationalizing one's actions is something every person does every day, so it's easy to find an IC reason to act otherwise than you did.

My ideal scenario in a situation like this (i.e. where there are no specific IC reasons to attack another PC) is that PCs deal with NCs first, then we have a rousing fight to determine who moves into the next round. That way, everyone gets to have some fun toying with the combat rules, and no one needs to go down like a chump in the first round.

Dyana Marsten wrote:Would it help if I said I'm sowy? ;
-;
I suppose. Still a bit sad though. Sad

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:03 am

Jon Cobb wrote:Nice to know Dyana doesn't have any lingering sentiment for Jonny-boy then... Embarassed
Well, Jon's not about to marry her sister... it's not whether or not she has sentiment for Jon, but weighing the two options... (see below for why only the two options)

Jon Cobb wrote:I see this "
we gotta do what we gotta do"
attitude alot on various RPG forums, and it gets on my nerves, since it's usually an excuse someone pulls when they know that they're doing or about to do something that could tick another player off. Nothing prevented you from attacking one of the NCs, since there is no mechanical penalty for not going straight for the nearest opponent. And rationalizing one's actions is something every person does every day, so it's easy to find an IC reason to act otherwise than you did.
I cry foul on this. First off, the worst place to be in a fight is surrounded by foes, so yes, there is in fact a penalty for not going straight for the nearest opponent. Second, Dyana (the character) is not acting as herself - she is acting under the guise of the Knight of Stones. Moving into a disadvantageous position would be out of character for anyone without a personal tie to the two more sensible targets. Thus to do so would basically be to announce that the KoS has reason to be partial to the two of us... and there aren't too many people that are in that situation that are not already in the melee (or presumably visible in the stands) and has an obvious reason for competing anonymously. So in other words, Dyana is in a dilemma. Seriously weaken (if not give up) her anonymity, or attack one of us. If everything goes well for her she's likely going to have to attack one of us sooner or later anyway, so the obvious choice is to bite that bullet and go for one of us early. It's not her preference, but in order to achieve her aims it's what she's "
gotta do"

Dyana forgive me if you feel this is putting words in your mouth that you disagree with, but the player-attack here got to me.

Jon Cobb wrote:My ideal scenario in a situation like this (i.e. where there are no specific IC reasons to attack another PC) is that PCs deal with NCs first, then we have a rousing fight to determine who moves into the next round. That way, everyone gets to have some fun toying with the combat rules, and no one needs to go down like a chump in the first round.
My ideal scenario is where the characters all act in accordance with their personalities;
if that happens to mean that the PCs work together to take out the NCs, fine. However this isn't a mini-game in a crappy CRPG where characters' personalities and narrative coherence are thrown out the window. This is a scene in an RPG, and to my mind that means that our characters should act in accordance with their personalities and personal histories with other PCs and NCs. If that means siding with an NC ally against a neutral PC, so be it... and that goes doubly for enemy PCs!
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next